Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
'84 Spider Veloce
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got rear ended on Saturday. Not too bad, but I need the passenger-side taillight.

Does anyone have one they can sell? The red on my undamaged left taillight is slightly faded so a little fading would be OK.

I'm told and '84 thru '89 light will fit.

TYVM!

David OD
Laguna CA

20201123_144825.jpg
Broken.jpg

·
Registered
'84 Spider Veloce
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gonna call them in the morning, thanks.

Classic Alfa - out of stock. Centerline & Alfaholics don't even list it.

Is there a way just to replace the plastic lens?

David OD
Laguna CA

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
David, sorry to hear about your accident. If you have a donor taillight assembly that you don’t mind destroying, it is possible to remove a lens and epoxy it on your car after you carefully remove the broken lens. The problem is in getting the lens off the donor. The lens is epoxied into a shallow channel in the black plastic frame. The epoxy may be stronger than the 30+ year-old-plastic lens.

I just did this, but unfortunately it is the left side.

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
There are a couple on eBay now, but they both look pretty rough.

·
Registered
'84 Spider Veloce
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
David, sorry to hear about your accident. If you have a donor taillight assembly that you don’t mind destroying, it is possible to remove a lens and epoxy it on your car after you carefully remove the broken lens. The problem is in getting the lens off the donor. The lens is epoxied into a shallow channel in the black plastic frame. The epoxy may be stronger than the 30+ year-old-plastic lens.
Thanks, Rich!

Looks like with some dremel work and a little grinding, I can harvest just the lens from donor. And I'd have to get the broken lens off my damaged light.

Thanks for the information!

DOD

·
Registered
9,267 Posts
I did a quick search at some of the german suppliers, OKP, Frank Hanel, Del Priore etc, all seem out of stock

Bertelsbeck still show it on their site, but I called them and it is indeed out of stock, and they told me when they do become available again, then only as a pair.

Not good news, that, for S3 owners.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I found one recently from this fellow who advertises in the Alfa Owner's Club monthly mag.
Sal - 973-335-5373

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
Looks like with some dremel work and a little grinding, I can harvest just the lens from donor. And I'd have to get the broken lens off my damaged light.
Sounds like a good plan. Be careful, and think of it like removing the black frame from the lens rather than the other way around.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
I got rear ended on Saturday. Not too bad, but I need the passenger-side taillight.

Does anyone have one they can sell? The red on my undamaged left taillight is slightly faded so a little fading would be OK.

I'm told and '84 thru '89 light will fit.

TYVM!

David OD
Laguna CA

View attachment 1671164 View attachment 1671165
1983 thru 1990 will work.
Thought I had one but I have a left side

1 - 12 of 12 Posts