Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Photos

Here are some photos of the car along with photos of the plentiful service records. Both front spoilers are included and the preferred one will be installed for the buyer.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Nice Balocco Stefano !! Worth every penny you are asking and more !!
Really enjoyed the visit from you guys, come back anytime! Glad to see that Alfetta get put to use too,,

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I noticed that Shankle rear sway bar in your pix. I have one just like that hanging on the garage wall. In building my project GTV6, I'll be going thru a lot of details that could go either way as I get to each decision point. That includes an HP upgrade, altho I won't be going racing.

Anyone had experience with both setups (stock & Shankle)?? Wondering if that improves the already good cornering vs messing with the ride quality? What are the pros and cons there?

Thanks in advance, Peter

Attachments

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sway Bars

That's the front bar I think you meant. I have driven stock and then the shankel, if you dislike body roll, these are for you! Stock bars are too soft in my opinion. The ride quality if more enjoyable for me when the car is not swaying around corners, but what may be nice for me, could be different for you. Come take it for a spin!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
That's the front bar I think you meant. I have driven stock and then the shankel, if you dislike body roll, these are for you! Stock bars are too soft in my opinion. The ride quality is more enjoyable for me when the car is not swaying around corners, but what may be nice for me, could be different for you. Come take it for a spin!
I see what you are saying on which end of the car that lives. Should have looked closer to see the oil pan in the pic! The missing air dam threw me off.

Good to hear that I may want to consider putting that wall ornament to work. Thanks. Do you notice much difference in everyday cruising: eg--- taking on a bump, pot hole, or speed bump? No such thing as too excellent cornering... just wondering what the trade-off might be, if any?

It's probably advisable to add a doubler where the beefier sway bar mounts... huh?

If I get down your way, i might try to sweet-talk you into a ride to see what you mean :- )

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Serious sway bar, less body roll, better performance, greater enjoyment of the corners. Only do the upgrade if you are serious about driving and will appreciate what it adds. Otherwise, stock is VERY good and worth leaving alone.
Stefano, that Balocco is way cool, I will tell some folks about it !!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks

Thanks Glen! I know its a shame I am selling it, but I have a feeling I will be back for more. After I try a 164 out for a while, I hope to buy my next GTV6 from you! A 3.0l with Greg's injectors and ECU, only by that time the twin turbo kit will be ready so I can take on the Blue Meanie in the windy roads of Maine!

Some people dream owning a Ferrari , I dream of a 3.0l GTV6 :)

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I will be around to show the car tomorrow evening, Friday evening and parts of the weekend. Let me know if you are interested in coming down to see the car.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts