Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately I have had to make a choice about the two restoration projects I have on the go, and I just don't have the room for three alfa's where I am currently living. I need the Alfetta moved no later than December 10, as I need the shed space for the other car.

Car is mostly stripped, glass out etc, excellent body with nearly all rust removed. New metal welded in to front of sills, just needs to be tidied up a bit. Engine bay stripped and sanded back and primed. Probably needs a quick sand again, and reprimed.

Bootlid, doors, bonnet, and front lower part have all been dipped and stripped. Doors need some attention, but I have another 3 doors with the good metal ready to be cut and welded in. Not a nice job I know, but everything is there to get it done.

There are 2x 2L engines, 1 transaxle still in the car plus another spare. The engine that came out of the car needs a full rebuild, the second engine apparently had the head rebuilt and hasn't been used since. There is also a another spare 2L head with valves and cams. Aircon unit has been removed, but is also included. Dash, instruments, rear seats, door cards etc are all present. I had intended on installing better front seats, so the originals were discarded.

Front suspension is distmantled and freshly powder coated ready for reassembly. All nuts/bolts etc have been newly electroplated. There is a second hand set of Koni reds to go on once reassembled (for rear as well).

I've spent well over $4000 on this car so far, and probably 100 hours of my own time. I really wish I had the time and room to finish it. I had planned to fit a twin spark engine with webers and make it a wolf in sheeps clothing. A more challanging 'sud project will take its place though...

$500 ono. for the lot. Can assist with moving and I'll even assist the buyer to get the front suspension reassembled so that it you can easily wheel it onto a car trailer or truck. Would make a good basis for a track/rally car - please save this Alfetta!

The Simmons 16x7" (front) and 16x8" (rear) rims with Yokohama A539 tyres do not come with the car. Make me an offer if interested in these, they would suit a sedan or coupe.

~Benjamin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts