Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Rebuilt motor and installed myself (first time). Going through pre startup list of to do's and found no spark coming from coil. I have papajams wire diagram and going to store now and biggie size it (thanks for the diagram huge help):D.Any suggestions on where to start? What did i miss???DAM DAM :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
I'm pretty sure an '81 would have had a MarelliPlex ingnition with a dual sensor distributor - which complicates things a bit. I've got a copy of an '80 spider manual that has about 4 pages describing how to troubleshoot these distributors. I won't have a chance to scan it until tomorrow though. Send me a reminder Sunday afternoon if I haven't posted anything and you still need it. If you have a fax # I can use, you'll get it a little faster. Are you still using the monofarfalla Spica system?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi
Yes it does have the Marelli Plex ignition. Im working my way through the ignition relay wiring to distributer. It may be faulty harness or just bad connctors. Not sure yet. The Spica system was swaped for webers. My email is [email protected] or Fax is 716-651-9959
THANK YOU
GREGG

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Bill,
I had the wires to the module reversed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts