Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are some pics of my spider. Note the spare tire well. It has a huge acid bubble in the paint from the P.S. I scraped off the rust, sanded and sprayed a littel point on it and rust hasn't returned in over 20 years. Sorry for the fuzzy pic of the rear, it was too sunny out and the image was washed-out on my phone. But you can see I have added the Euro-style bumper. I will replace the N.A. license plate lights when the care needs body work, otherwise there will be a couple of holes in the trunk. I do have the European license plate lights in storage.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are a few more pics. Notice the side molding is coming off. I will get around to removing all of it, but first I have to figure out how to get rid of the old trim adhesive. Also, headers have been added and the air pump is now in storge in my shed. I always worry about the headers being so close to all the mechanicals in that area, but I haven't seen anyone else with a heat sheild, so I guess it is fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Colour

Nice car! I have a '79 in the same color, also with retro-conversion to steel bumpers.
Hi Mario
Thank you. I think Bronzo Met. AR 837 was only available in 79 and 80. I like the colour as it is not a typical Alfa colour. I haven't been able to figure out the interior colour. Under the shifter boot I can see the carpet has more red in it than what can be seen in the sun-faded areas. Also, I am not sure of the official name of the seat colours, tan, biscuit, other?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi Mario
Thank you. I think Bronzo Met. AR 837 was only available in 79 and 80. I like the colour as it is not a typical Alfa colour. I haven't been able to figure out the interior colour. Under the shifter boot I can see the carpet has more red in it than what can be seen in the sun-faded areas. Also, I am not sure of the official name of the seat colours, tan, biscuit, other?
Ah! Your car is Bronzo Met.! I was wondering why it looked nicer than mine.

Mine is actually Chocolate Brown AR 836, a color which I do not really like. Note the difference.

The rest of the color scheme is the same - tan top and interior. The carpets can be dyed to match the original color revealed by the non-sun-exposed areas.

My car needs a repaint (even if I were to keep it the same color) due to some panel mismatch and cracking. I also will remove those side moldings as you are doing.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts