Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only seems to happen after hard acceleration. Engine will cut off, after coasting to a stop it will restart. Here is what I have tried. New fuel filters, plugs, plug wires, fuel lines. This all started after I had a fuel line leak, so new fuel lines first. I guess it could be a bad ground and I have looked at a schematic(sp) but I really can't follow it. Ant ideas, as to where to go next. Any specific locations for ground wires would help. Thanks

Vinnie

·
Premium Member
21,463 Posts
I would be looking mainly at ignition, all wires and connections good, including the ignition switch. WHen the engine cuts out, does everything else electrical cut out?

Also, is it carbs or Spica? Does the fuel delivery pump stop working when it cuts out? More diagnostics needed, for sure.

Andrew

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It ran fine on my last 10 mile drive then I put it away for the winter. So I am not really sure. I intend to change both filters before I take it back on the roade, when the weather finally starts to get nicer.
I really think that when I siphoned the tank to fix the fuel line I stirred up a hole bunch of trouble. I will post when I get those filters changed and let you know the status.

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts
Unplug the micro switch on the Spica if you have this. If shorted it will kill your motor. May backfire, but won't stall. If not bypass the Fuel Cut off switch on the fire wall. Just short the 2 wires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts