Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
PM me an email address and I'll send you a bunch of Spica stuff including the factory manuals. You probably need to do a soup-to-nuts setup on your system. Normal starting point for running mixture is 9.5 turns in on the Fuel Cutoff Solenoid (FCS).

The microswitch is part of the fuel cutoff system for decel. When the throttle is closed with the RPM above about 1600, the microswitch closes and energizes the FCS, thus shutting off fuel flow to the engine. When the RPM decreases to about 1600-1300, the microswitch opens, de-energizes the FCS and restores fuel flow for recovery to idle. It's an electro-mechanical backup to the internal purely mechanical decel shutoff.

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
Rebuilt T/A's are $250 from Wes Ingram. Core charge $75. Be careful with your old one to not kink or break the capillary tube.

The T/A is only a start/cold running aid. If you can get the engine started and warmed up, then running temporarily with a dummy T/A will not cause any problem. With the engine warmed up completely (i.e. temp >175F), is the pump gap zero or no more than .019"?

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
The dashboard temp gauge may or may not be accurate. A laser temp gun would be better. However, it's not that critical. As long as the pump gap on the rear of the injection pump is .019" or less with the engine at operating temperature, all is good and all enrichment is removed.

If I were you, I'd just spring for a rebuilt T/A from Wes and be done. Should last you a very long time and then you don't have to mess with it. The T/A in my Spider is at least 15 years old and still fully operational.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts