Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD! SOLD! SOLD! SOLD! Thank you for your interest. (Can't figure out how to edit title)

Hi Everyone,

Up for sale is my 79 Alfetta sedan 5-speed, 101K miles. I've owned the car for almost 10 years, purchased from dealer in Maine via eBay in November 2006, but prior to that was owned by someone in Tennessee, not sure of history previous to that. It ran and drove when purchased, but had electrical/fuel neck problems that prevented it from passing inspection at the time. I had intentions of making it roadworthy and enjoying, but as always other priorities took precedence, and between my 164 project, 164 daily driver, and X-1/9 weekend fun toy, and the 10 years sitting I have come to the realization that I will not get this back on the road anytime soon, so hopefully it will go to someone that will.

The car does not run, and has not been started in over 10 years, you will need a trailer to move/transport. Gas smells like varnish, so if you are intending to put back on the road it will need to have the fuel system gone through, as well as the brakes of course (however they have good pressure and did work while moving it around in driveway, they are not seized), and belts/hoses.

The car ran good when I purchased it 10 years ago (yeah, of course it did, don't they all?), but had/still has an issue with the rear taillights and leaking fuel filler hose. To drive it home from Maine when purchased, a direct wire from engine bay to taillights was run to make the lights operational, and duct tape was used on hose. I'm lucky I didn't turn into a 65mph fireball going down I-95.

As you can see from the pictures, there was some previous fiberglass repair (grey areas) done by the last owner, and since then there has been other areas (shown in photos) where rust is broken through the paint.

The cloth seats amazingly have no rips/tears, but are faded. The dash has cracks visible from pictures. The front driver/passenger door cards were cut by a previous owner for speakers.
Glass is good all around, however the drivers window is stuck in door. Also the passenger rear door will not open. All exterior trim is present except the driver front fender spear.

I have the Maine transfer of ownership document, but never titled it over into my name. I'll check with Mass RMV this week to see what options are available to get it titled if any prospective buyer has serious intentions of getting it roadworthy again.

Aside from what's shown in the pictures, the only other thing I can think of that would stand out is that it has a sunroof and A/C. Just needs a charge : )

Asking $950 or best offer. I probably have it overpriced, but it's an asking price and not firm. I'm a reasonable person and yes I realize it's in rough/bad/non-running condition, and with the title status it may only be good for a parts car, so if you want to make a lower offer feel free, but don't be offended if I say no.

May trade up/down for a Alfa Spider/GTV6/Milano or Fiat 124 spider/coupe/parts. Sorry, have two 164's, and while I love them, my wife will kill me if I drag another home.

Let me know if any questions, either on thread or pm. I'm located in Wrentham MA, just a mile north of Cumberland RI.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings, Alfari. I am interested in the Alfetta. Can you forward any other information to me at flclanranald on yahoo mail? Much appreciated.

·
Registered
993 Posts
This is how mine started out, structurally decent but with plenty of cosmetic issues. I drove it that way for six years before giving in and redoing the body because I'd grown to like it so much.

Looks like it could be a fun rough driver in this shape with a bit of resurrection effort, good luck with the sale!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Alfetta still Available?

Hello Alfari, I'm in Massachusetts and could be interested in the car for parts. thanks!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alfetta is sold

Hi Eric, I sent you an email on the 30th with my cell # but never heard from you, so not sure if you got it. Basically there's no additional info, I've covered everything to the best of my ability with the text and pictures. Sorry we weren't able to connect. :frown2:

Thanks Chris, love your blog by the way, subscriber for over a year now and it's always one of the emails I look forward to getting along with Alfabb notifs and daily BAT email.

Alfliction, sorry, but it has been sold. If it falls through for some reason I will let you know.

Thank you everyone for your interest!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts