Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling my 78 sport sedan. $7500. Its in excellent condition, and has many upgrades for better handling, engine maintenance, exhaust, wheels, etc. Even has a brand new front windshield!! This may be the best sport sedan on the west coast, and I mean it! Back in April 2014, I drove it to and from Chihuahua Mexico to participate in the 1000km Chihuahua Express Road Rally Race and it performed flawlessly and it still does today. Front page in the Alfa Owner Aug 2014.

When I bought the car a few years ago, it was like stepping back in time. Exterior and Interior were all original including seats, big black bumpers, etc. It even has a new, but retro 70's cassette player/radio.

I did the current modifications in the photos with the idea that converting back to original was all bolt back on. The nice original gray velour seats are up in my attic, along with the big black bumpers and turn signals. I currently use a nice set of 88 Milano Silver interior in order to limit use on the original seats, which are in good condition. The red hood is a film overlay and can easily removed to reveal the perfect hood. So you can keep the car as is, or convert back to the original 78 look.

Rust, not to be found on this California and Nevada owned car. There was a small rust area on the bottom of the rear windshield but it was fixed and covered. See the photobucket website below for the photos.

Engine has been rebuilt 40k miles ago and runs great. SPICA was redone by Ingram at the same time. All original smog parts are still on the car, I just don't have the air pump belt on the car. To make it easier to smog and tune, an air/fuel sensor meter was installed to optimize the air/fuel mixture. Very good to have when trying to smog the car, which it has passed since 78 in California. Electronic ignition for reliability.

Transmission was rebuilt too with lightened gears and a perfectly smooth second gear shift. Bilstiens, poly bushings, shankle front sway bar, drilled and slotted rotors front and back, and a nice ANSI exhaust system.

Car comes with the two sets of wheels, the originals with a nice set of Michelins, and the even nicer ronals!!

Here's a link to a more complete set of photos of the engine, under carriage, interior, etc.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dh3wv2u5irjanfv/eoncAI9J7-

Give me a call/text or PM me to discuss or have any questions. I'm not in a hurry to sell the car. It does need to go to an enthusiasts home.
Tom 775-815-1105

Attachments

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
The link for the dropbox isn't working. maybe it's just me. Could you put pictures of under the hood and the undercarriage up?

·
Registered
576 Posts
alfa111 it worked for me!

Nice ride, BTW!!

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try the link again. Sometimes the photos only show an x. Click on it anyway and zip through the 70 photos.

I have a buyer in california. Hope to make a deal this saturday.

I have two more 78 sedans im resurrecting soon. Both relatively rust free nevada cars. Both will have better suspensions and twin webers since both the spica systems are shot.
Anyone want two full spica systems?

·
Registered
314 Posts
excuse me , where did you find the windshield ? I have a 79 in mexico that has a borken windshiled interested in locating one. thanks .....

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The windshield is made in china and not difficult to find. The local reno franchise of fast glass could get them.
Richard of prosourceglassintl.com finds them in italy.
But you should be able to go to your glass place in mexico and they should have no trouble finding you a source from china.
Mine was even shipped direct to me in a big wooden box and the fast glass guys did the install with the original gasket and metal inserts. About $400 total.

·
Registered
314 Posts
woe ok , thanks so much , i thuoght that it was no longer available !!! And never thought of looking for it here through regular glass shops due to the rairty . ok well i will see waht they say if not i will get a friend in san diego to order it for me and ship it down.... thank you so much . Your sport sedan looks very nice !!!!!! i love it .
giovanni Pirotta .

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks Tom - Car is happy in new home!!

Well, the beautiful 78 sedan listed here on the forum sold to my good friend Lloyd Willey of Berkeley over the weekend. He was looking for the right one, and loves the look of the Alfetta sedan, and he's really happy with it. Owner was confident about the car to the point of driving it down from Reno to Berkeley, and it made the drive well, and was delivered as promised looking just like it did in the pics.

In my opinion, the car was everything it was supposed to be! Sold for $7500.00 asking price as well. We felt the deal was solid and worth the money. Glad we did added the car into the collection!

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa...on-7500-a.html

But I am still looking for my old sedan! Certainly someone has seen the car, and I just can't imagine it vanished. I am also, potentially in the market for a decent 79' sedan myself to restore and drive. Maybe someone has options?

Thank you Tom for bringing the car down to us here, we are very happy to have it back home.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts