Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling my Red '78 Spider...I'll put it back up on Ebay because it didn't sell the first time around, but I need to wait so the auction won't be ending over the holidays when everyone's on the road and distracted by fireworks, picnics and BBQs.
It's a California car originally, but has had the smog gear removed. (I have a smog pump, bracket, manifold and cat that I might be convinced to part with.) The car is emissions exempt here in Seattle, so I like the early 2 pc exhaust manifold and Ansa exhaust, sans cat. I have done a clutch on it, as well as new front brake calipers, new vacuum boost, new seat covers, (IAP-$200). Trans has a very good 2nd gear synchro, engine is reliable and quite torquey, Spica pump oil sample came up good...Currently there are Michelins on it with Turbinas, but I also have a set of BF Goodrich on Chromodoras (painted white) Buyer's choice-bothe sets of tires are good. There is also a new heater fan in the car, new radiator fan, new coolant hoses, new TA, etc. etc. etc. I replaced the missing coolant bypass check valve, installed th wing window latches, put in an oil/air separator, and so on. Please inquire with questions. Here is a pic or two...Oh, yeah, I just put a polished cam cover on it...really spruces her up!

Attachments

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More pics of the car are posted in the Gallery for your viewing pleasure. Please ask questions if you have any. I want this car to go to a good home, so I think advertizing it on here makes good sense. I think you have to have a certain personality to drive an Alfa. (Or several Alfas).

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Hi CarPoor!! Nice Spider for sale! Hope she can find a good loving home.

I've a not-quite-related question for you.

Where did you buy the coolant bypass valve? My 73GTV is missing that part too. Thank you :D

CarPoor said:
I replaced the missing coolant bypass check valve, installed th wing window

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi. This car is currently on EBay, running until Sunday, July 6th...Item #2421313069. A more detailed description is available there, and more pics of the car can be found in the Gallery section here on the AlfaBB. I really want to find a good home for this Spider...then who knows. An Alfa sedan, maybe?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
CP, did you remember to tell the new owner that he has to sign up with AlfaBB.com?? What better way to ensure your baby is being taken care of properly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts