Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm going to take this apart, unless you think I should save it:

The best part is the interior, which has very little visible wear, in grey velour with brown piping. There is a mustiness, I assume it could be lessened with appropriate treatment:

Door pulls are cracked, with black tape. You wanted speakers anyway, right? 4.75" dia holes.

Dash has a couple cracks, but servicable, glove box cover is slightly funk:

This is a complete, recently running car. I did a compression test, which was good. I can find it if you're interested. Glass is bronze tint, all good. All body panels are bad. No TA. I'm keeping a few things (wheels for sure), most everything else is available. You could take the whole car, perhaps. Might go well with the CL lap time cars (no affiliation). Good prices for you today!

Caveat: I haven't started taking apart yet, it will take awhile, it's on Whidbey Island, WA. I could deliver to Seattle as my schedule allows. Flexibility on your part is a must. I'm a nice guy, like walks on beach.

·
Premium Member
15,538 Posts
Whew! Where did this car come from? Our 78 sedan, with 180k miles on it, didn't' have any rust on it when we sold it, and it was used as a daily driver the whole time. I'm just amazed.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
I think you should restore it. Will you now?

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Looks like she may be too far gone to restore and make it worth while.For the money you would have to pour into it you would be better off to buy one like the car that sold on ebay not too long ago.
If you part it out keep me in mind for the rubber surrounds on the doors please. Mine are a bit shrunk.

Thanks, Paul

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I thought you were peeking.........

·
Registered
84 Posts
Uhhh...explanation time. It pleases me to make childish jokes about his shrinking weiner. I have never been pleasured by his shrinking weiner nor have I desired to be. Of course I was peeking......everyone peeks.

·
Registered
252 Posts
UHHH not to get in the middle of the peeking nor the shrinking stuff :) are you going to part her out?
if so i would be interested in few items.

thanks

·
Registered
252 Posts
actuallly,not definsive just i don't know these gents and i would hate to get them pissed off.
but once i know then gloves off - GAME ON!!!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Don't forget I would like dibs on the rubber trim please. If the trunk seal is in good shape I would be interested in that also.

Thanks, Paul

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Go ahead and laugh it up guys. Just remember, everyone who makes a joke, has to take a part!

My sophisticated irony was apparently mistaken for ignorance, and the car is well beyond saving. I'm gathering a list of "wants" now.

There's an offer for the rear seat bottom, but if anyone is considering the whole interior, let me know.

Thanks,
C.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a 78 also........I'd be interested in the

taillight assemblys
inside interior lights
plastic caps that cover the screws on the interior grap handles

All I can think of now........

Mark

·
Registered
84 Posts
CDM: Sorry matey......just couldn't help myself and it's his fault anyway...he wrote about shrinkage and you just can't let something like that go untouched.....ur.....unhandled.....nope, how about I just couldn't leave it alone.....ah bugger, you know what I mean. I'd love to have the seats and door panels out of your car to replace the immaculate but fiercly sweaty vinyl interior that came standard in my '74 'Fetta sedan (yes, built 12/74). Unfortunately shipping that stuff to Australia may be just a little expensive. One of these days I'll get off my arse and post some pics....she's a sweety. Sorry to 'jack your thread; I'll refrain from discussing weiners on this site effective immediately.

·
Registered
252 Posts
i would really love to get the pass side rear door grabbers and the rear window deck/cover.
Also the Glove box would be i wish list, does she have the washer tank? mine is missing it totally.

thanks

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Here is a pic of her. Oz is too lazy to do it. And I promise also to stop the 'jacking also. I never said the word weiner.. He started it.:rolleyes:

Paul

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts