Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I should post a few pictures of my '78. Less than 16,200 original miles. It sat from 1993 to this year without running so it took some time (about 8 months) labor since I found it to get it back on the road...also had Wes rebuild the injection. The exhaust system is marginal so that and getting the front suspension down to a lower point is the next step.

Hopefully the pictures attached.

Hampton

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Rare example of such a nicely preserved Alfetta. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Very nice example. These cars had a unique sports yet econo car vibe that you really only get to know when you drive them. These were relatively light cars and the twin cam four loves to show its stuff when you keep the revs up, put your foot in it. Since I have owned one, a '79 we call our GTV6 "the Buick" in comparison! I hope to get to see your car in person some day.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I love the Holland Blu.
A great color for these cars.
My first Alfa was a Series I. Rusty but very, very trusty.
Nick named it the Scavenger. :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the positive comments!
When I saw this car and how original it was for the first time I knew I had to buy it, notwithstanding the unknowns from "sitting car disease". I've been able to determine that it was bought new from the Alfa dealer Herold Menzies in San Francisco where they had American Sunroof Corp (ASC) install the electric sunroof. It ended up going to a couple in Rome NY in the 80's until the husband died around '93-'94. The last '93 inspection showed @15,950 miles and it was just over 16,100 when I bought it last year. I found it on Craigslist(!) in Miami where a guy had bought it from the estate of the wife in NY earlier that year and shipped it down. He didn't really know Alfas so couldn't get it running. I've had to do the usual....cooling system, hoses, fuel system, electrical (grounds mostly), brakes etc. I'm lucky as I've been working on cars as a hobby 40+ years and have owned and restored 50+ cars, mostly Italian and British over those years. I only had to recover the front seats, the rest of the interior is original.
Also...glad you like the battery! Ive added a couple of pics of the ASC label and the inspection stickers...I just think they're cool.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Beautiful car !! I would suggest sourcing the stainless bumpers for this car (from the earlier model years) and it will be even more amazing...

·
Registered
576 Posts
A well preserved car trumps a perfect restoration any day!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts