Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a nonrunning alfetta close by, and have seen a few pictures so far. Trying to decide if it is worth a drive to go look. Interior is stripped, but the car is mostly compete, though in pieces. Engine has been rebuilt, but sat unstarted for at least 6 years. body appears to be in primer, with a good bit of surface rust. there are also rust bubbles apearing around the rear windshield and front as well. this being an older alfa i assume that is bad, but is this indicative of much worse rust in unseen places?

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
I just brought one home in similar condition, although these cars are notorious for rust there are some that escaped the terminal disease. I am going through the car now and sorting it out- all the rust I’ve found is cosmetic except the rear, around the taillights and the hatch around the glass at the lower corners. I am going to remove the rear glass and address the rust issues to make sure they don’t return. If you search this forum there are numerous threads regarding Alfetta rust trouble spots to look for. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts