Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! This is my first post here, and I've spent the last few weeks dredging through the site archives to dig up Dellorto tuning info. I must say, this is quite the informative place! I wasn't an Alfa guy beforehand, but if I could find the right one, I think I'd see if I could sneak it into the garage without my SO seeing it. It would have to share space with the 1982 Rabbit I've got on a rotisserie though ;).

I have recently acquired a set of Dellorto DHLA 40 H carbs, with the 5 progression holes and fixed idle air bleed and have a quick question that I can't seem to search up the answer for. In both of the carb tuning books I have (Dellorto Superformance, and How to Tune Weber and Dellorto etc etc) they don't mention the 7772.11 emulsion tube. I'm curious to see where it fits in the grand scheme of lean to rich. I have a set of 7772.6s as backups (Alfa1750 on eBay, great seller!) but would prefer to stick to the specs on his page to start the tuning of my car (non-Alfa, but hey...gotta start somewhere!). I'd like to start acquiring e-tubes above and below my .11s...but I have no idea where they 'fit' on the scale :(.

Any help?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi, sorry I don't know what the specs are but did you try plugging in your engine data in jetting.exe to see what it would recommend? that may give you an idea of where the 7772.11 tube fit in.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually I just received a reply from Gabriele (Alfa1750), I ordered a few more jets above and below what my carbs currently have and threw the question in my order. He responded that the .11's are a tad bit leaner than the .8's. This is all I wanted to know, since now I can make a proper reference list for myself when I begin tuning my setup. Jetting.exe puts my setup at 29mm chokes...which I have a hard time believing so I went down to 32s from the 34s they came with. They will eventually end up on an 1800cc, 8.5:1 VW watercooled inline 4 (I've considered using one of the 10:1 blocks I have...but the current rising price of premium fuel has dissuaded me from that path). I'm not after maximum power, I really just want to learn carb tuning and have a driveable car. I've been EFI tuning for nearly a decade and have finally decided that its time to put the laptop away. Here is what my carbs came with, which seems quite suitable for my setup:

Mains: 130 (have 122s and 140s as well)
Air correctors: 180 (have 170s and 190s as well)
Idles: 58 (have 52s and 46s as well)*my carbs are the H type, so the idle air is fixed.
Pump: 42
Aux. Vents: .3
Chokes: 34 (have 32s as well)
Emulsion tubes: 7772.11 (have 7772.6s as well)

I'll be making maximum power near the 5000 mark, with my torque peaking around 3500-4000 IIRC, so this won't be a high RPM car.

I must say, I like this forum, I think I'll stick around and read a bit more :D.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lean to rich:

7772.10, 7772.11, 7772.8, 7772.2, 7772.1, 7772.14, 7772.5, 7772.7, 7772.6

:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts