Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Honestly, something "strange" with the VIN engraving is noticeable. Compared with an undoubted one, the differences are noticeable. The observation of the different firewall in the initial photo and the one with colored bodywork is also correct. The rest does not matter. Hydraulic clutch command on cars produced in 1969 (and the car in question is a 1969 model) already existed. Even the riveting is correct, as factory certification is and also period documents. The restoration is done to the rule of art. Rather strange is the lightened spare wheel well, which was not common on the GTA Juniors (it existed though!). However, the car appears convincing, it depends on the asking price. It is no less (but not even more) authentic than many others. View attachment 1719338
Even the AR is a little funky, The font of the 5 is not even close, and the spacing is off. My 68 has a riveted spare tire well, the 75 does not.

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Okay, so from what I am reading this car is not a genuine 105.59 car. My concern that the use of a VIN clearly in the range of true 105.59 cars to my mind makes me wonder what the intent was in creating this clone? Just curious!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts