Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My headlight stalk has decided it does not want to operate the dash and rear tail lights at the same time as the headlights. Does anyone have a good used one for sale?

Ventua Alfa

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi Bob,
Thank you. i will private message you. I realize after posting this I should have said I will take it if the picture is the same one I have.
Thank you
Ventura Alfa

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Looks like Bob didn't have the part after all. I am still looking if anyone has an old one sitting around in their garage or workshop gathering dust.

Thank you
VenturaAlfa

·
Premium Member
2,464 Posts
I've got a half dozen of them I just dragged up from the basement. I won't get a chance to check them out till Saturday. All of them have rusty stalks that will need to be sanded and painted. A '77 would have just the two stalks on the left, correct? I don't think they added the 3rd stalk on the right until '79 or '80. If someone else comes up with one before I get a chance to check them out, it won't hurt my feelings. Good luck!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Bill,

Rusty is fine. Mine was that way until I redid it. Yes, this has the two stalks on the left only. It also has the longer end pieces versus the earlier one which are kind of square shaped.

Ventura Alfa

·
Premium Member
2,464 Posts
Okay, I came up with these two with contacts that meter good but each has an issue in addition to the aforementioned rusty stalks.

The one on the left has a couple of chips in the bakelite housing. One of the mounting tabs is broken out on one side but there is still plenty of meat for the bolt and washer to hold on to. The other broken piece is one of the stops for the turn signal that could be built up with epoxy to still provide a stop. (Probably what I will do if you don't buy it.)

The one on the right has had the blue wire soldered where the connector broke. The return spring hook still clears it.

$42 plus shipping for either one. I'll warranty it for 60 days from the time of delivery so you have a chance to test it.

Reproduction switches are available for $268.00. Not cheap, but it's one of those repros I'm really glad to see available.

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Bill,
I took mine apart this weekend and fixed but those are still tempting. I wll pm you.
Ventura Alfa

1 - 8 of 8 Posts