Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks-
I was checking out the brake fluid in my fairly new to me spider.Under the fill cap and screen is a rubber baffle thing that is torn and worn out. I removed it with some pliers. What is this thing and do I need it? If so, where can I buy one? I've searched and could find no information of this aside from it keeps the fluids in both reservoirs for mixing?

·
Registered
1978 Spider
344 Posts
I think it helps channel fluid when you fill the reservoir. Don't know if you can buy a new one but it will probably be fine as is. It's probably a baffle like you say, perhaps to help control fluid sloshing back and forth during braking and acceleration.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Odie-
Thanks, I tend to agree that it is not required. Does your 78 spider have one? The only reason I know it was there is I wanted to siphon out the old fluid from the reservoirs and replace with new brake fluid prior to hooking up my pressure bleeder so I would know there is all new fluid in the system. There must be pieces of it in the reservoir, so I'll want to get those out as well. It's pretty brittle.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
out of interest, what is the PN of that rubber thingy?
it'll probably start with 3.3506 - *

1 - 5 of 5 Posts