Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who saw my Blue Alfetta GT get munched up at Laguna Seca I'm happy to say it is back alive. I had to transfer all the running gear, suspension, etc into my other track car chassis over 4 week-end and finally got to paint it this week-end.

Should be at Fontana for some fine tuning and a shake down ride.

Must remember to brake first,.....thennnnn turn in. :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
It’s a very nice color. I dig brighter colors for track cars.

I’m looking forward to seeing her on the track!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Car ran pretty well, got 2nd for class "C" as there were not many Alfa's running on Sunday. Was real hot out too.

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
any pictures of your car now that it is done...i have always liked orange race cars. my next gtv race car will probably be that color...hopefully it'll be the horst kwech trans am car!

·
Registered
880 Posts
italcarguy said:
Any pictures of your car now that it is done...i have always liked orange race cars.
I would also like to see pics of your track car, (i love the paint job):)

·
Registered
484 Posts
Can you find the script that says "Plymouth" and stick it on the rear fender? Is that Baracuda Orange or what? Love it!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, I like how the color came out too, and this one was shot outside by myself. It pays to do lots of detailed bodywork before you rush to paint it. Alfter the paint cures we'll colorsand and buff it out, maybe add some white stripes down the center.

Car ran well at Fontana for it's first event, was real hot outside though. Took second in class "C" mainly because there was not many people running that day.

I plan to take it to the Las Vegas event next. It still needs to be "shook out" well to get it setup right. Could'nt get the rear pads from Porterfield to bed in, just squealed all the time, went back to stock pads for the remainder of the event.

I'm going to see about making Lexan copies of the side and rear windows if anyone is interested in getting some. They should fit GTV6 as well.

Now I need to see how many points I get for putting a 2.5 ltr v6 into a 1975 Alfetta GT? hmmmmmmmmm, makes one think.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
any-recent-pics-o-this-car-please
key-oard-not-working

1 - 9 of 9 Posts