Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All

Did a check over my car today as it is warrant day tomorrow (I hope).

I need a heater valve as I'm starting to sweat with the through-fitting I made and installed when my valve cracked. Looks like the one here:

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/showthread.php?t=43079&highlight=heater+valve

Also need a RH plastic sill cover and a RH rear wheel arch plastic extension.

Finally anyone got any hook ups for AC parts? Need a rebuild kit for a Sanden SD-508 pump.

Richard

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hi Richard
I have a pump marked 4B508 S2 if thats any help, it came out of a rusty 88 reputed in good running order but who knows?, spins freely.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've actualy got two pumps, one off a Fiat which would also fit. Parts are cheap in US so figured I may as well do a rebuild myself. I've spend enough on new expansion valve and pressure testing that I want it to work 100%!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got a quote for all the rebuild parts. $48+gst for all the seals. Not too unreasonable.

I'll pull the pump off this weekend and strip it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi Richard.

I can supply the a RH plastic sill cover and a RH rear wheel arch plastic extension. What colour is your car? As I have blue, gray, red and some red'ish ones to choose from.

Now I have a picture of the heater valve to go off I'll go and hav a look at the 2 complete aircon units I have that have been removed from the car.

Regards Phil.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My car is a colour Alfa call "ratty as hell red". Comes complete with scratches and dents. That is a gross simplification given the number of different shades it now consists of! :p

This is the valve, I think you've already checked your stash for me?

Richard

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi Richard.

Just checked again.. The only one I had was buggered (snapped on the flange.. so I just binned it now)

I also checked the other 2 non-air con cars I have, and although it looks similar when you are upside down with you head againist the clutch pedal, it's not....the inlet/outlet (which ever one it is) tees off 90 degrees unlike the one in the picture above.

Give me a call at some stage if you wan't the other body trim parts on 06 329 7978 or 021 515 349.

Regards
Phil.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hey Lads

Does anyone have or know the best place to get a thermostat for a 75 ts ?

Thanks

Nick

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Forgot to report. The full rebuild kit for the AC pump and 250ml of oil cost about $80 from Auckladn Auto Air. I stripped the pump, cleaned everything (it wouldn't turn as the remaining oil had turned to sludge) and reassembled it. Apart froma press and the odd puller no special tools are needed. Also bought a tank of R12 gas so once I've fabricated another AC hose I'll have it filled.

Once I get a heater valve of course :p Current plan looks like I may machine the plastic piece out of a nice chunk of brass or aluminium. Don't want to break a third!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts