Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I just would like to confirm "IF" a `59 Giulietta 750D Normale came with any kind of seat belts at all??

I`m guessing "NOT" but ????

Thanx in Advance,

Russ

·
Premium Member
1,642 Posts
seat belts

When my Dad bought his new 58 750D Spider- in 1958- it did not have seat belts. He worked for United Air Lines and installed belts from UAL.

·
Super Moderator
11,555 Posts
Of the Giulia / Giulietta spiders, only a few of the last of the Giulia's, came with seat belt mounts, in the USA. I've seen one titled a '64 and a dozen or so titled as 65's with the mounts. The belts in these cars (if installed) were dealer installed. However, I've had many requests from Giulietta owners with cars under restoration for photos of the mounts in my late '65 Giulia. This would indicate that some of those cars have very close REPLICA's of the later belt mounting system used by Alfa. There is a BB thread with these photo's

·
Premium Member
21,685 Posts
Well, some Alfas before 1968 in the US had attachment points. Giulia Supers had nutplates built in for front belts and shoulder harnesses, and the 65 TI I just did a ton of work on has awkward but stock nutplates sticking up in the rear floor for the front seats.

As Gordon says, every 750 or 101 chassis I've dealt with (no Giulias in my garage) has had holes drilled and bolts and large-area washers added for belts.

Andrew

·
Registered
7,701 Posts
Hi Folks,

I just would like to confirm "IF" a `59 Giulietta 750D Normale came with any kind of seat belts at all??

I`m guessing "NOT" but ????

Thanx in Advance,

Russ
I think it goes without saying, seat belts add to the enjoyment and safety of the car. You certainly will not detract from it's value by adding them.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
I have a 1961 Sprint Veloce that was purchased by my father late 1961. I do not believe that the car was delivered with seat belts, and my father installed seat belts at a later date. I installed racing seat belts and shoulder harness and also installed a racing seat.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanx Again Folks,

One more "Simple" question; I think?

What "Outside Drivers side" Fender or Door mirrors were installed from the factory; If any? Again, 750D Normale Spider.

Thanx in Advance.

Russ

·
Super Moderator
11,555 Posts
None. I believe through the Giulietta's, spiders arrived without mirrors to avoid shipping damage. With the Giulia's, by 64-65 some came with drivers side only mirrors, but some addived from NJ naked to the midwest.

·
Premium Member
21,685 Posts
Even in the Giulia Super era (67-68), I believe cars came to the US without outside mirrors; the Lucas type were installed here off the boat or at the dealer. By the time the 69 models came, much more was federally required and the mirror nutplates were inside the doors.

Andrew

1 - 12 of 12 Posts