Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Aluminum 750 Veloce Air Plenum , bottom part, has a casting number 1315 53064 on the engine side. I have looked at the parts Catalog
for a Magnesium 750 Veloce Air Plenum , bottom part, which has a casting number 1315 53064A9VGE. No luck finding this part. Does any other 750 Veloce Owners know of this Magnesium part? I am thinking of the Light weight 750 Models may have used this part.
Thanks, Brion

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hi Brion, Nick and all,

Would the final character be important here?
an E or a F ? The bottom part that I have has the number showed by Brion, ending on an E while the cover that I have has the number showed by Nick and that ends on a F.
Automatically I thought on the 750E and 750F but maybe this is absolutely not to be applied here ??
I can't see what would be different to the air plenum if it was destined for a Sprint Veloce or for a Spider Veloce.
Any thoughts about this ?

Rgds
Thierry

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I have seen a number of 750 Veloce cold air boxes and owned a few aluminum ones. I never saw a magnesium cold air box. I guess the magnesium cold air boxes were used on the light weight 750 Sprint Veloce cars. I bought a thin green Alfa Performance Catalog from Alfa Romeo Inc. and it had pictures and part numbers for special Alfa 4 valve per cylinder 1500 and 1900 boat engines as well as 750/101 light weight Veloce parts and GTA parts. I purchased a 90 liter gas tank for my 101 Sprint Veloce using this performance parts book. I want to look up the magnesium cold air box in this catalog. I know that the was almost no interest in Giulietta cars for many years and that is why cars and parts were sent to the salvage yard.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello Thierry,
This bottom was buried in a container, I have the complete all Aluminum Plenum for the 750 Veloce. I guess, I may and I may not have that Mag. 750 Plenum top. I store items , place them in parts like Oil Sump, then find them again at an odd time! I had thought of the Light weight Alfa.....guess I should have looked in the Performance Option Catalog. Thanks to all who responded, Brion

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I spoke to a friend and he said that there were 750 magnesium cold air boxes. I would think that they were used on light weight Sprint Veloce and light weight SS cars. I worked on a 1961 Sprint Zagato and did not see a magnesium cold air box but, it is possible that Alfa made some for the 101 Sprint Zagato cars.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hi John,

Thanks for your testimony, that is what I would like to learn more about.
More specific about the evidence of the existence of a magnesium lower part for the cold air box of the 1300 cc Giulietta Veloces with the 40 DCOE2 carbs.
Until now I have never seen one or heard of one.
Who can help here ?

Thanks to you all in advance,

Thierry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts