Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're nearing the end of the restoration of our Sprint Veloce Confortevole and it seems to be one of those "go half the distance with each step" deals where each step is now measured in thousandths of an inch.
We find that we have a new pad that goes on the underside of the hood but we don't have the 2 aluminum strips that hold it up nor do we have the little light fixture that illuminates the engine compartment.
Does anyone have these pieces for sale? Have they been reproduced?
Is there anyone in the LA area whose car has these pieces that I could look at/measure?
Anton the carmudgeon

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Anton, I have the pieces in my car, but I am really far from LA. I could take pictures and measure for you.

Where did you source the pad?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anton, I have the pieces in my car, but I am really far from LA. I could take pictures and measure for you.

Where did you source the pad?
The pad came to us with the car and I'm not even sure if it's correct. However, since the car is not intended to to be shown and judged, I'm not sure that's too important. We would like to find, or create if necessary, the alloy strips and the light fixture. I'd be delighted to have photos and measurements.
Thanks,
Anton

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Anton, I won't get to the car until Tuesday or Wednesday, I'll take pictures and measurements then.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Anton
Be aware that trim items such as you are referring to were fitted to each car and as such, references to length or spacing need to be considered as guides rather than absolutes.
The (nearly useless) underhood light fixture is available from some of the Euro suppliers but ... it tends to be a reproduction of the cabin courtesy fixture rather than the original light which included an attached switch ... that and it's extremely costly!
Your hood pad would originally have been a smooth silver vinyl over a raw fiberglass mat which was glued directly to the underside of the hood/bonnet. I mention this as the replacement mats today tend to have a diamond pattern stitching.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Anton, what is the chassis numbe of your SVC ?
Just wndering if it is my old car......

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Anton, here are a few pictures, I hope they are of use to you.

I just noticed that with the re-size of the pictures you can´t read the length, the long one is 33" and the short one is 20" 1/4, they go under the hood's edge, about 1 more inch on each end.

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks very much, Henry, for those photos. They will be a great help.
Anton

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Wow, that is close...
My '57 was 06546.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
Had the longitudinal piece for my Sprint, with the light.:)

A local metal guy made the cross-piece.

:cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts