Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI folks;
Check out ebay, there is a wounderful 57-58 sprint.
enjoy

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh Ya

Boy you guys know your way around a computer ! Good work Thanks
I can not even seem to post a low quality photo by my name.
Ps how long before I am not a jr. member?
Thanks for doing this , woulderful to share, I sure can not buy it.
Take care
peter

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
PSB,

Here are the system settings:

Junior Member (Minimum Posts: 0)
Member (Minimum Posts: 30)
Senior Member (Minimum Posts: 100)

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Re: Oh Ya

psb said:
I can not even seem to post a low quality photo by my name.
PSB,

Let me know if I can help. I'd be more then happy to add, edit, or post an image for you.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I did not know that the member status changed automatically. I changed my own long ago. Sorry Simon. :D

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Wow!

I just checked on this cars auction and shes at 25,700.00 and still has a day to go.

I wonder what shell sell for?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Condition #2's are supposed to go for $25K according to SCM. I'd say that this car is better than a #2. I think this is the same car which sold for a bit north of $36K at auction last year.

Ciao,

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Thanks for the link John.

It sure does look like the same car doesnt it? His auctions got a bit to go if hes going to break even on this one.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,232 Posts
But the GTVs look pretty good. Even though none of 'em are original. Especially the '68 - it would take thousands to put back to original (is that's what one wanted to do).

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Wow the car finished at 33,700.00 now thats impressive. Just goes to show what you can get if you stay all original.

·
Administrator
13,227 Posts
Papajam,

But the GTVs look pretty good. Even though none of 'em are original. Especially the '68 - it would take thousands to put back to original (is that's what one wanted to do).
Other than the wheels and steering wheel, what is not original? Looks like a great little car to me.

Even has the original aircleaner ... I'm confused!

Pete

·
Premium Member
16,232 Posts
It is a great looking car.
In addition to the wheels and steering wheel you mention, the other non-original stuff I can see include;

Front bumper - it's from a '69 US version GTV
Tail light lenses - also from a '69 US GTV
The engine bay should be body color
Front seats are from a right hand drive car
Mirrors
It also looks like the ride height is too high
It appears the C pillar badges are from a 2l - a snake instead of a gold quadrifogio (but my glasses are dirty)
The 1750 badge is missing from the boot lid as is the Bertone badge from the LF wing.
And the front grill is bent and missing the top slat.

An excellent looking example though, original or not.

·
Registered
739 Posts
The Sprint finished at 33.7K, but didn't meet reserve. It's back again starting at 33K. My guess is that it is going to have to be quite a bit north of 36K to sell, as the owner bought it at the RM Auction in Montery last summer for 36.3K. SCM thought that was nearly twice the market for a Sprint Veloce. Here's what they said:

"Which makes the price garnered for this car all the more curious, especially since a few restoration details (like the inaccurate fitment of a five- rather than four-speed gearbox) would ordinarily bring the price down, not up. Still, cosmetically this is a gorgeous car, bought at a prestigious auction where people have money to throw around. The smart buy: Pay no more than $20,000 for a fully restored edition."

Ciao,

1 - 17 of 17 Posts