Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a question to all of you about part # 10 on the pictures.

Has anyone ever seen aluminium cups ( buckets) for the 750 Sprint Veloce 150 mm Carello light units ?

The catalogs show a different number for those cups between the 750 B and the 750 E.
As often is the case, there is no explaination in the catalogs about what would be the particular difference between the normal and the Veloce version of the cup.
Was it another material that was used ? Aluminium ? ... or was it only a thinner steel sheet ?

As you can see, all other parts ( except of the outer rims) were identical.

All real testimonies are mostly appreciated, thanks.

Rgds,

Thierry

·
Administrator
4,148 Posts
Part number 00.371.801 was aluminium - these are pictures I took of Lightweight E04658 clearly showing the aluminium buckets

This Lightweight was heavily modified early in its life, but retains most of the Lightweight trim

Ciao
Greig

·
Administrator
4,148 Posts
Helps if the pictures are attached...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Greig & all,

Dear Greig,

I noticed a second wire hole in the aluminium bucket while the metal version had only one hole.
Why would it be there ?

Are there by any chance other testimonies of aluminium buckets on the 750 Sprint Veloce serie 1 ?
Owners of such cars could use a magnet to check quickly, please !
The' nec plus ultra' would be to find an original # 00.372.000 Carello box with the bucket still inside.
Probably utopia but you never know that somewhere, someone has one on the shelf .

Thanks for all your efforts guys to look for any further information !

Rgds,

Thierry

·
Administrator
4,148 Posts
Hi Thierry

E04658 has had a hard life and anything could have happened to those buckets ???

Sadly all my other Lightweight pictures don't show the buckets at all

I need another pair of small headlight buckets for my third 750 Sprint, so was wondering about welding up a pair of steel ones or having a go at making them in aluminium.... I can't do much worse than the current repro ones out there & I have my originals in hand to copy

Ciao
Greig

1 - 6 of 6 Posts