Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i need the rest of the side trim set to complete my sprint before restauration. They are particular, not in inox but in massive aluminium.
I don't know if the two little parts on front and rear are the same length but i think it's the same than the inox model.

I have 1 central section + 1 front or rear section
I NEED: 1 central section + 3 front or rear section

Thank you for help. !!!

ZZARCHI

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hi ZZARCHI,

The plain (extruded) aluminium type is for the 750B.

The front section is longer than the rear section. The short one you show is a rear side trim part.

For comparison only (sorry) , a picture from both the little sections.

Repro mounting clips can be found on the Net.

Rgds

Thierry

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi ZZARCHI,

The plain (extruded) aluminium type is for the 750B.

The front section is longer than the rear section. The short one you show is a rear side trim part.

For comparison only (sorry) , a picture from both the little sections.

Repro mounting clips can be found on the Net.

Rgds

Thierry

View attachment 1617348
Thank you THIERRY ! very instructive ! i will keep on searching...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey,
I am restoring a 1956 750B. I am searching for the front fender piece (13.5" long). Its has taken
me a few years to find the two door, two rear and one front section. I sent out a request for this
front piece a couple of months ago with no response. The search continues. If I am fortunate
enough to find one, I will certainly forward the contact you if there are more available. I have
restored a number of cars in the past but has been as difficult as finding parts for this car.
Good thing I like challenges. I am also looking for the rear bumper ends with the mounting
bolts 6" from the rear wheel opening. I have the 101 bumper ends if anyone has a need. I have accumulated a number of extra parts over time also.
Good luck,
Ron

·
Registered
971 Posts
Suggest you reword your request and take 1955 off and just ask for aluminum ……… they were used at least through 1958 (1493*E*06920) ……… might increase the chance of reply.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Suggest you reword your request and take 1955 off and just ask for aluminum ……… they were used at least through 1958 (1493*E*06920) ……… might increase the chance of reply.
Thank, Good to know

·
Administrator
3,725 Posts
I updated the header of this thread to make it more universal (Wearing my Admin hat !!)

To be honest, it's just an aluminium triangle so unless you absolutely have to have an original for concourse you could CNC machine a square bar down to a triangle and gently file and sand the ends and the ridge to be the exact shape. Careful measuring to fit it to the existing holes using brass screws by drilling & tapping a thread into the triangle. That was my plan but over the years I came across enough to make up the missing sets for my 750 Sprints

Ciao
Greig

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I updated the header of this thread to make it more universal (Wearing my Admin hat !!)

To be honest, it's just an aluminium triangle so unless you absolutely have to have an original for concourse you could CNC machine a square bar down to a triangle and gently file and sand the ends and the ridge to be the exact shape. Careful measuring to fit it to the existing holes using brass screws by drilling & tapping a thread into the triangle. That was my plan but over the years I came across enough to make up the missing sets for my 750 Sprints

Ciao
Greig
Hello Greig,
thank you for your suggestion. I want to make a concourse restoration of my sprint. So it's better to have originl parts. But if it's too difficult, your solution is the right one. Thank you.
Sergio

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey,
I am restoring a 1956 750B. I am searching for the front fender piece (13.5" long). Its has taken
me a few years to find the two door, two rear and one front section. I sent out a request for this
front piece a couple of months ago with no response. The search continues. If I am fortunate
enough to find one, I will certainly forward the contact you if there are more available. I have
restored a number of cars in the past but has been as difficult as finding parts for this car.
Good thing I like challenges. I am also looking for the rear bumper ends with the mounting
bolts 6" from the rear wheel opening. I have the 101 bumper ends if anyone has a need. I have accumulated a number of extra parts over time also.
Good luck,
Ron
Thank you Ron !

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you / good suggestion !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts