Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Master Cylinder just arrived from Centerline for my 1957 Giulietta Spider Veloce.
Does anyone know what size threads are used for the fittings?
I believe it is a Girling, but not sure.
Old M/C was of unknown type and brake lines do not fit.
See picture attached.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
m/cyl

Hopefully you still have the old cylinder as there are adapter fitting in the old master cylinder that must be removed and installed in the new cylinder. Then the 2 lines will screw into the new cylinder.

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Here's what you need.Fedhill could be a good place to start looking,they have the copper/nickel brake lines that many are using,and I think brass fittings.If you find these in brass or stainless,let us know.Notice that both fittings have male flares,one with male threads and one with female threads(and inverted,male flare).A note about the Cunifer? brake lines,I've heard that some are of poor quality(I believe FH are fine)so consider some research. Hope this helps,if I've missed something,hopefully someone will respond.Phil D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,495 Posts
Now that is complete information! Very useful.
Here, as on most MCs I know, inlet (gravity) side is larger than outlet (pressure) side.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Alphil for the amazingly detailed answer!
I am contacting Fedhill to find these fittings.
Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Happy to help.Forgot all about Alfastop having these fittings in stainless,$$,but maybe worth it in time saved searching.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alfastop order placed. Thanks for the heads up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts