Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys , currently busy with the 56 sprint normale rebuild, bought with wrong engine and gearbox , I decided to go through the pain of getting it to original state, including coloumn shift(yes I know I'm probably crazy and hoping for a miracle) but I have managed to source a series number matching block from OKP and sourced a head locally in good condition.
So after recovering from these expensive purchases, I'm now ready to start the rebuild, as I have found so much help through the forum on both the 750 and 2600 restorations I though I might get some references as to which the best vendors are for the following parts, or alternatively if any forum members have any of these spares for sale they could possibly contact me.

Front engine cover 750 series
Cam followers
The small valve springs(have a set of the large ones)
Bottom steal cover for 750tunnel gearbox
Valve spring retainers
Tappet cover 750 normale

Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Super Moderator
11,559 Posts
Try Dave B in Lake Forest Illinois, Dave B on the BB, is a 750 restorer and parts collector. He normally does not sell his excess stock, but does advetise sometimes on the BB.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
I bet that you will need to buy new valve springs to get a good set. The originals were not great. All the ones that I've seen sag. A lot of people use the Isky springs for a Jaguar XK120, but to me they're not the right thing, though I am sure that the quality is good. A guy in Germany has had original spec reproductions made, and they seem to be of good quality. That's what I went with. I have only put a few thousand miles on them, however, so I cannot offer an unqualified recommendation. The same source might have new followers, too.

You may get different opinions on valve springs.

·
Super Moderator
11,559 Posts
Another source is Randy Pene' in New Mexico USA.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts