Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out this little find on ebay. Someone should snatch this one up quick. Paint looks like hell and there is a minor dent in the door.....but no rust and complete. Perfect car for a restoration. Been sitting since 1990. 75k

81 on ebay

John M

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Hey I know that guy. The buyer just bought a sump guard off me. I just shot him an email inviting him to join us here.

Long live the Bastard Year Spiders!

·
Registered
4 Posts
The story of my life!:( Any more "reasonably priced" Alfas out there?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, that '71 is gone!

Anyway, I really would like a project car. It'll be fun to build, and since I'll only be putting a little bit of $$ out at a time, it won't cause as much trouble on the home front! (I KNOW that y'all know what I'm talking about, right?) ;)

·
Registered
164 Posts
If you really want a worthwhile project let me know. I know of a 1969 roundtail spider project. Complete car, but already disassembled. All parts marked and labeled in zip lock baggies. Needs a little more work on the nose and the floors (don't they all?).

The owner wants $2500 (no less...I tried). It probably is worth it, but I am now up to five Alfa's so I will have to pass.

I have no interest or connection with the seller but if you are interested, contact me offline and I will pass on the information.

Ps. The car is in the Los Angeles area.

·
Registered
4 Posts
How in the heck are you able to manage a stable of five alfas? I could barely manage two, and that was with a wife who thought they were "fun" and "cute" so the time and $$ was a non-issue. (Maybe I should have kept that wife around...) Anyway, she got one of 'em ('71 spider) in the settlement and I had to sell the berlina. :(

But I digress...is the body on the '69 straight? If it's a worthwhile project, maybe I can have it shipped out here. :D

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Can you believe it Dan? Jeff has five Alfas now. Makes me sick! :D

My wife "helped" me go from three Alfas to only one. When I tell her I want a Berlina some day she thinks one is enough. I even tried telling her that ALFA stands for Always Looking For Another.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Kai,

The only other people I know of who have that many cars are car dealers and mechanics. That many that run, that is! :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts