Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Background .... my Sprint came in the form of boxes and the wiring harness as a pieces together mess.

Transition Sprints have tunnel case, so no backup lights. However Transition Sprints have the large (101) 3-bulb taillight housings ........... so how is it wired? Did they just not wire the bottom (clear lens) socket?

I have seen one picture of one Sprint with Orange/red/orange lights ........ but never seen a set for sale. Was the top and bottom both used for turn signals?

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
Background .... my Sprint came in the form of boxes and the wiring harness as a pieces together mess.

Transition Sprints have tunnel case, so no backup lights. However Transition Sprints have the large (101) 3-bulb taillight housings ........... so how is it wired? Did they just not wire the bottom (clear lens) socket?

I have seen one picture of one Sprint with Orange/red/orange lights ........ but never seen a set for sale. Was the top and bottom both used for turn signals?
yes

·
Registered
217 Posts
[/QUOTE]

Carl, these are often listed for sale by Italian part suppliers so possibly this was a domestic/ European offering? Here are links to two sets for sale:

Nick.

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
Carl, these are often listed for sale by Italian part suppliers so possibly this was a domestic/ European offering? Here are links to two sets for sale:

Nick.
[/QUOTE]

Those aren't the ones for the Series I.. they are too tall. I bought mine out of a guy in Suisse. NOS 10 years ago
006.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hi Carl and Nick,

The retro light was mandatory orange colored during a certain periode and in certain European countries. ( f.i. France from 1954 on) That's why the orange-red-orange lenses do exist.
Later the retro light lense part became white, and that way they were listed in the Carello catalogs.
Both the orang-red-orange and the orange-red-white lenses had the 12.539.717 Carello number.
The US version red-red-white had Carello number 12.540.718
The obsolete orange-red-orange lenses show up in recent years, I guess because the later ones with the white part are all sold now.

Rgds,

Thierry

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That looks like the picture I saw ..............do you know how they worked ........ both orange parts as turn signal?

I need get a direct email about an unmolested Sprint with serial number just a couple from mine with clear bottom part and no wire connected to it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts