Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hi, yes the radiator is still for sale. My apologies for the delay in getting back to you, but yes, it is.

·
Registered
469 Posts
As AlfistiSA pointed out above, we have here a reproduction of the original IPRA radiator: you can see it at a glance due to the absence of 'finger dents', which as said are found in all radiators for giulietta and giulia.
It's not true instead that all radiators had the embossed IPRA logo. On some of them the logo was made on a led plate placed on the back side of the header tank (see pictures below).

Now, being a reproduction, it is difficult to determine on which model it would fit. The parts used to reassemble it seem to come from a spider radiator (at least the short 90° angled peacock), but the total height may not match, especially if the builder had in mind to install it on a sprint. Be sure, sprint / SS rads will not fit spiders: I did the test myself before deciding which one to install:

SS left / spider right

As you ca see, even if it can be istalled (the fastening points match) the radiator is so high that it prevents the engine bonnet from closing:

Just my 2 cnets. BTW, I don't remenber if the rad on the left was for a Giulietta or a Giulia SS (I guess the second one).

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
It's not true instead that all radiators had the embossed IPRA logo. On some of them the logo was made on a led plate placed on the back side of the header tank (see pictures below).

Do you know what years and models the IPRA radiators with the plate were used on,I'm thinking early 750?

SS left / spider right

As you ca see, even if it can be istalled (the fastening points match) the radiator is so high that it prevents the engine bonnet from closing:

Just my 2 cnets. BTW, I don't remenber if the rad on the left was for a Giulietta or a Giulia SS (I guess the second one).[/QUOTE]

21 - 26 of 26 Posts