Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 460 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, if you own a 750/101/102, why not post a picture of your car here on this thread? I'm not aware of any other thread on the BB that caters to these beautiful cars' photographs... I'll start off.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
My 101 Giulia Spider

Pictures of the car have been seen elsewhere on the forum, but I don't think I have posted these before. They include pictures of the pale blue Giulia owned by Simon Gunney, and the ex-Tony Ranson Giulietta.

·
Premium Member
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sprint City

These photos are great! Keep them coming.

Following are shots of three Sprints at this year's Concorso Italiano.

Attachments

·
Registered
452 Posts
Please allow me to ante up a few pictures of my '60 Normale. I bought it locally in '87 and it's currently showing 83K miles. It's on it's third AR716 grigio grafite paint job and second red interior, both original colors. Incidentally, I'm quite fond of the black/red combination on the cars above, too. That's what I have chosen for my daily driver, a Honda S2000.

Mike Hollinger
Atlanta

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Those are some great "during" and "after" pictures. What's missing is the "before" picture. This one is still tucked away in my folk's barn:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Great thread idea, Pat. Your new paint looks beautiful. Well on the way!

Mike - Spokane to Missoula would be an easy tow...hmmm...

Mike H - I love your 716 with the red interior. My Duetto is 716 and I've considered how much 'damage' to originality it would be with a red interior rather than the burgundy.

I like the idea of a Sprint in black with red interior.

My contribution below - not mine unfortunately!

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Black pirate

Good initiative Patrick.
As a starter I'll donate some early pictures of my car. I hope to post some updates during February/Mars. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
My 1957 Veloce Lightweight which I recently acquired and is undergoing some work so I haven't been able to enjoy yet. photo is taken by the previous owner.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My 1957 Veloce Lightweight which I recently acquired and is undergoing some work so I haven't been able to enjoy yet. photo is taken by the previous owner.
I love how low the car sits; gorgeous! Will it be vintage-raced often? It seems to sport the small headlights - typically of Lightweights?

·
Super Moderator
3,523 Posts
Our 750 / 101 cars

Hi Patrick

Good idea, here are our six.

Two '57 Sprints, one running & one a barn find

Two '60 Spiders, one running & one under restoration - Dad's white one is the sandblasted car awaiting a new nose.

One '60 Sprint - Dad's daily retirement car, under restoration, with a few other toys in my as-yet-unfinished new workshop. The green single seater is a '30's Austin 7, the bike is my '97 Laverda & the shadow in the background is my '35 Renault Cabrio.

One '61 Sprint - my first 101, still runs like a dream.

Ciao
Greig
Port Elizabeth
Sunny South Africa
http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/africa/za.htm

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Pathung , thanks for the compliment, yes the car sits about 1.5 inch lower.We will find out how competitive it is. The small headlights (and rearlights) are not typical for lightweights but for all first series cars.

1 - 20 of 460 Posts