Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello fellow enthousiasts,
Having searched in The Netherlands I am widening the search for a 75 V6 / Milano crank pulley, i.e. the Motronic version with the 60-2 timing teeth.
In combination with the position sensor and bracket I would be very much helped, as I am planning to upgrade from the L-Jetronic injection system.
Unfortunately a 164 V6 pulley does not fit without extensive other modifications.
Should you know a person or place who can help me get these articles I would be very grateful.
I will pay for any international shipping when required.
Many thanks in advance for any help,
Greetings, Pieter

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Greg, thanks for the info. I was not aware that the Milano was never sold in the US with Motronic. In Europe it was on sale from '90-'92 as the 75 V6 QV and the complete engines are still obtainable, but seldom parted. I will investigate the 164 ring option. Is the ring a separate part on the pulley? I've never seen one up close to inspect it.
Greetings, Pieter

·
Registered
554 Posts
I have something like this, but I'm not so sure if this is the one you are looking. Any chance for some photos or details to compare?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have something like this, but I'm not so sure if this is the one you are looking. Any chance for some photos or details to compare?
Hello Vangelis, that is most appreciated.
I have found someone who may be able to supply a photo of the correct crank pulley so keep watching this space.
It can be recognised by being the same size as a non-toothed L-Jet 75 pulley (164 pulley I learned has a larger diameter), but then it has a ring of teeth on the rear sump side, which the L-Jet pulley does not have.
If you have the pulley, you may also have the crank position sensor and the mounting bracket?
Greetings, Pieter

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
I know for sure that the toothed ring on the 164 pulley can be pressed off. What I don't know is if the Milano pulley can accept the ring. I think it can, but I don't have a toothed ring here to check.

All the other stuff, sensor, mounting brackets, etc. can be purchased from Alfa Parts Exchange in Tracy California. Those items are not a problem. There is some issue with the lower timing belt cover, I can't remember what. I think only certain ones have the provisions to accept the sensor bracket. In any case, it doesn't matter because Alfa Parts Exchange knows exactly what's needed for this and they just put it all in one box. So, the only real issue is the pulley.

Greg Gordon,
Silicone Hose Kits
OKINJECTORS.COM

·
Registered
554 Posts
Ηi Pieter, I only have one used but very good pulley , not the sensor. But first need photos. In case you need the exact part number , send it, too, perhaps I will have it in ...NOS perfect but dont know the usage...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Ηi Pieter, I only have one used but very good pulley , not the sensor. But first need photos. In case you need the exact part number , send it, too, perhaps I will have it in ...NOS perfect but dont know the usage...
Hello Vangelis,
OK I will see if I can take a picture of one later today, I am visiting my local garage tonight to have a front wheel bearing replaced. There is one 75 V6 3.0 QV in storage there. Just hoping its accessible enough to take pictures and measurements of the pulley... Will keep you posted.
@Greg many thanks for the info, good to see there are still addresses where these parts are available, I guess its a common conversion in the US?

Greetings, Pieter

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello Vangelis,
Here are pictures of a 75 V6 3.0 Motronic pulley:

Here is an L-Jet pulley, (from my car) it misses the ring and also not place to mount it as far as I can see:

Is this enough info for you?

I was told that the sensor and bracket are the same as a 75 Twinspark so readily available here in NL.

Greetings, Pieter

·
Registered
554 Posts
Mine looks so similar especially in the rear ring, I can only see a difference in the front but I guess the vital are the dimensions and the numbers of the teeth. In this pulley in the photos teeth are 58 (If I wasnt blind yesterday 4 in the morning...)

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello Vangelis,

That looks to me like a 164 V6 pulley. The only part useable for me is the timing ring, and those I can get from locally as 164's are being scrapped in high numbers. Thanks for sending the photo's, this will allow everybody to compare the 2 types.

Greetings, Pieter

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And the mystery continues, it seems the pulley that Vangelis has is a 4 cylinder version as it does not have an unbalance built in. My guess would be from a 75 twinspark.
I've just sourced a 1st series 164 12v pulley, and that only has 2 groves and is much shorter than the 75 V6 pulley. However, the groves seem to line up the same so probably its bolt-on with minimum modification. It looks much neater than the 75 version too.
I now have this one:

However its not clear to me if I can get it to align to the waterpump and alternator on the 1st grove, leaving the second to drive the power steering. In this setup on a racer there is no power steering present.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts