Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the famous Motronic thread I found this old chart that shows the stock advance data at different charges.
Where these data confirmed in some way?
From the chart we would conclude that the max advance at WOT is only 20 degrees or so......
I couldn't find an original Alfa Romeo document with these data.
All the best!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I've heard from those who know the efficient nature of the Twin Spark combustion chamber and pistons, that a max advance of about 28deg is correct.

I have my own programmable ECU in my Twin Spark and have played around with the timing a bit. My engine load is TPS so I can't do a direct comparison to the stock advance curves, but I don't set mine any higher than 28.

Which thread does this come from? And do you have the post number? I'd like to see if they were pulling it from the ECU and if this was some other mode.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've heard from those who know the efficient nature of the Twin Spark combustion chamber and pistons, that a max advance of about 28deg is correct.

I have my own programmable ECU in my Twin Spark and have played around with the timing a bit. My engine load is TPS so I can't do a direct comparison to the stock advance curves, but I don't set mine any higher than 28.

Which thread does this come from? And do you have the post number? I'd like to see if they were pulling it from the ECU and if this was some other mode.
The thread is this one:

Unfortunately it looks like festy do not show up any more on alfabb.

Is your engine a high compression modified one?

All the best

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
No modifications other than throttle bodies and the ECU. My Ignition map currently looks like this. I have not however taken it to a dyno tuner to massage and maximize it. I want to wait until I put in the cams of my choice first.

Capture2.JPG

1 - 4 of 4 Posts