Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Can anybody tell me where to find the contol box for the central locking on a '88 75 ts. The central stopped working a while ago and I haven't been able to locate under the dash where the box is. All fuses that I know off are working.

thanks
Ian

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Ian,

I don't think there is a control box as such. It's been a long time since I had my TS, but from what I recall each lock works on a proximity switch the fronts simply signal all the others to move when they are activated.

I had an issue with a loose lock connection/wire in a plug up behind the glove box. Get on your back and give all the plugs a good inspection and wiggle all the wires. The looms in a 75 all seem a few mm too short.

This might help too: http://www.users.on.net/~craigf/

Craig is a bit of a whip on the TS, particularly the electrics, so if you have no luck, you could try emailing him. He frequents this BB and used to also be active on the Yahoo Alfa 75 group.

·
Registered
143 Posts
There is a small relay and logic box above the fuse box. If you remove the small coin tray thingy to the right of the steering wheel it is behind there. Hope you have small hands.

In the last month mine has become temperamental too. First step may be a good CRC soaking of the door locks from inside the cavity.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oil filter

thanks for that fella's

Richard, I have checked the door locks and it was the relay that you mentioned.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
brakes

Hi all,
Now I have another question, I am about to replace the brake pads and have Feroddo numbers for thee, which are Front FD8448 and Rear FD8347.
Are these the correct part numbers or are other suppliers available, living in Rocky causes difficulties when wanting parts for Alfa's.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I came across that numbering system as well, except the prefix was FDB:confused:

For the fronts I used DB116. For some reason though they required a little bit to be ground off one corner of at least one pad per side (maybe both). I got Ferodo GP's which were $45/set from Autobarn IIRC.

The rears I haven't replaced yet but I believe the part number is DB93. Most catalogues have 1:1 scale diagrams in the back so you can check before ordering.

The DB*** numbering system is common to Bendix, Ferodo and a few others.

Good Luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts