Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of putting together a 75 TS motor (and installing into a 115 series car - Spider). I didn't get a complete assembled motor and I'm missing some bits.

I'm going use crank fired ignition so I'll use the original TS crank pulley (cut down to a single groove pulley) and crank angle sensor & bracket. I'm missing the two locating dowels that mount the sensor bracket to the timing cover. Anyone have any extras lying around or have a source for new ones?

The timing cover has a chain guide attached to it and I'd like to replace it. Anyone have a source for this (I don't see it listed on the various parts sites)?

I'm not going to use the VVT on the intake cam and want to plug the hole up. I got a plug from Alfaholic's that threads into the original TS bracketry for this however, I'm missing this bracketry. Anyone have spares of this?

-John

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,838 Posts
See if the alignment dowels on a cam cap are the same.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've got some of these dowels, but because they were pretty tight in a 155 front cover they got "bitten" by my pliers. You could insert this grooved side into the side you want it to be secured in, or do a little sanding. I can send you 2 pieces in an envelope, just for the postage costs.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Update on this build:

Macaco sent me the dowels; I cleaned them up and installed with the sensor bracket. Thanks Macaco!

Got a new Bosch crank angle sensor.

Got an Alfetta Euro (electric fan) water pump and installed on the timing cover.

Richard Jemison is building the cylinder head and doing his magic on it.

The TS intermediate gear set has different gear spacing and is set up for an electric tach (no gear on end for tach drive) so I'm having Richard modify a lightweight 750 Alfa intermediate gear set to work (I want to use the original mechanical tach).

I've got the Intake cam VVT bracket coming from Europe.

Had the TS crank pulley cut down to a single pulley. Using for the crank fired ignition.

I think it's truly remarkable the commonality and interchangeability of Alfa parts

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts