Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question #1: I'm thinking of using the 75 Spider Turn Signal indicator in a custom car application. I saw it on Ebay. See attached photo. I see that arrows are pointed left and right. I'm not sure how this is set up on the car. When turning left or right, will this indicator show a left or right turn arrow, or does it just blink with both arrows lighting up whether its a left or right turn?

I can also get the individual arrow indicators but I'd prefer to use the one indicator if the arrows on it operate individually for a left or right turn.

Question #2: Where can I get the small light bulbs for these indicators?

Attachments

·
Registered
399 Posts
The whole thing blinks. If the orientation of the arrows isn't to your liking for your application, you can simply turn the arrows.

·
Super Moderator
10,620 Posts
The whole thing blinks.
Correct. It just tells you that the blinkers are on - not whether they are blinking to the left or to the right.

The bulb is just a common model used to illuminate gauges. It doesn't need to be that small, since there is just a single bulb.

Honestly, if something this small had two lights (one for left and one for right) I doubt you would be able to tell which one was blinking without really staring at it - especially in daylight. Cars with separate indicators for left and right have them spaced much further apart.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for confirming what I thought. Having a indicator that has two arrows that just blinks with either a right or left turn seems odd. I will be using the individual arrow indicators instead then.

I'm concerned about the bulbs as they are tiny in size and might be hard to replace. Not sure where to find the bulbs. These seem to be a special application light bulb. Any suggestions as to where to find them?

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts