Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally got around to fixing the saggy headlining on the 75 this weekend. The "Bedouin Tent" theme was starting to wear a bit thin with passengers.

To remove the headlining you have to take the rear view mirror off. This is a stupid spring loaded affair that was designed by someone with too much time on there hands. Either it comes off without breaking, or it doesn't. Mine didn't.

Anyway, not wanting to go into a full blown rant about how much of a pain in the @rs3 the whole job has been and therefore justifying my procrastinating out of doing it for the last year, does anyone have a rear view mirror for a 75 lying around in their arsenal of parts?

Let me know via PM or this thread. Now then what's next? Complete strip down and rebuild of an old Alfetta? Should be a piece of p1ss after this...

Rik

EDIT: Fixed!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have some but are you willing to wait for postage from australia and the price to send it?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate but I fixed it up with judicious use of a power drill and some black paint.

Cheers,

Rik

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thats funny with the fix it method.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I'd like to be able to proudly say it was a bit of good old "kiwi inginuity" that fixed it, but seeing as I'm not a kiwi, I'd have to admit it was actually the fear of maybe having to pay somebody money for a replacement. Along with a helpful dose of brute force and ignorance... which is probably what broke it in the first place...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts