Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope it's plain enough for someone to come up with one. It's the only part I mneed to complete my '57 Sprint #5021

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Thanks Stuart, That is the direction I was heading. Although I did not know the Renault had that size, but I do know of a couple of other cars that are also close in size. I still have a few months until it will be a big problem, but then again, it may take a few months to find a good fit.

Scott

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I was just having my usual devious fun with your post....I made that up. Rod Mossop was here for 10 days and I have him straightened out. It's part of my dark side. You should see my light side.

The R4 "solutions" are a bit tawdry in my opinion as you still have to mount them to look like they belong on the car. If one is to spend the national debt on doing these as we tend to do, I am in favor of doing it as they did. Like this----If I had a lathe I would be whipping these out like biscuits. If anyone needs a drawing to work from I will be happy to oblige. Just don't ask for it NOW. The ring is a simple stepped retainer with tabs held on by machine or sheet metal screws and the adjusting balls are the same you would find in a lamp parts store used commonly on carriage lamps to hold the panes in. There is one tang with a slot in it that is spot welded in place. Skywalk, we can do it. Smart money would make them with REM plastic technology amd mold them. PS I also think these are stashed in parts piles and the owners don't have a clue what they are for, understandably.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
WoW - Talk about refreshing one's memories .... that Carello headlight lens!

As a kid ... 8 or 9 years old, I remember exploring a shed behind a local small shop. The owner, mechanic, body-man, painter (He wore a lot of hats back then) ... kept all the surplus crap in this shed behind his shop.
We young urchins discovered a shelf of these lenses and had a great time flinging these glass discus across a paved parking lot. They flew only slightly better than they landed ... suffice it to say it was a shattering experience.

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WoW - Talk about refreshing one's memories .... that Carello headlight lens!

As a kid ... 8 or 9 years old, I remember exploring a shed behind a local small shop. The owner, mechanic, body-man, painter (He wore a lot of hats back then) ... kept all the surplus crap in this shed behind his shop.
We young urchins discovered a shelf of these lenses and had a great time flinging these glass discus across a paved parking lot. They flew only slightly better than they landed ... suffice it to say it was a shattering experience.
They say we remember "significant emotional experiences" for a lifetime. George, you must have helped GW cut down the cherry tree.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts