Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 75 recently, 2.5 ltr v6 one that has a sometimes slipping clutch.
The clutch is about to be replaced but we have hit a brick wall trying to source the clutch parts as no one seems to have them in stock anymore.
Probably going to have to try and rebuild the original one.

Is there anything that can be used instead of the 75 clutch? We can get a new gtv clutch but how hard are they to interchange. Assuming you just need the clutch housing assembly and flywheel??

Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
try centerline or IAP.
if everything is OK a resurface and having the disk relined should be able to be done easy almost anywhere. There must be a place that can reline the disk. check to see where the big trucks have the breakshoes relined. and any machine shop should be able to resurface the other parts.

·
Registered
157 Posts
If it is a single plate clutch pull type operation (like the 3 litre), the clutch plate is a common / standard item, I got mine in the UK for £25.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys

Yeah it was the one off trade me. Really tidy car other than a few alfa idiosyncrysies. lol

The disco light alfa contol thing, ceiling lining dropping, clutch slips a bit, but other wise a pretty straight car and at a complete bargin

·
Registered
143 Posts
Check out Craig's page for fixes for the Disco lights. I now have no lights, apart from realy wet day r when it just wants to flash cause i can.

A stapler "fixes" the roof lining.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I didn't think there was anything exotic about the 75 2.5 clutch? Anyway, try The Spare Place, [email protected] in Adelaide if you can't find anything nearer to home - I bought a 75 TS clutch kit from them recently.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies guys.

I also heard something interesting to from one of the alfa dealers in christchurch that said anything older than ten years parts are stopped been brought into the country and even newer models that were limited ones aren't brought in to the country and even bits for the alfa 164 which i always thought were common apparently can be quite hard to find.

The clutch is out and the fly wheel in bad enough state, the pressure plate isn't to bad, the clutch is fried and the throw bearing is real noisy so its been sent to clutch systems i think in auckland to be rebuilt.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The parts that Alfa NZ do stock are horrendously priced anyway so it is no great loss. $35 for an oil filter and $5 for the sump plug gasket?!?

I import from the UK for less than 1/2 the local price including airmail postage.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hi...

Clutches cost an arm & a leg in NZ if you can find one...I actually have a spare (which I was given :D) which I rebuild prior to and installing to save time...

I had my 3.0 clutch rebuilt by Autoclutch in Morningside in Auckland a couple of years ago...It's lasted a while but I think it's about time I put another one in there..Like NZAlfa75 I also import most of my parts (other than the aforementioned clutch)...although I use sources in the UK, US and Oz...

You're right about the 10 year thing...Parts for the more geriatric models have long sing been discontinued as stock in NZ However, that being said, you could try Italian Autos in Otahuhu for parts, but be prepared for your credit card company to employ a hitman shortly afterward!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts