Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Excellent! Show more pics of your body work and welding..

Also, what type rust protection are you using?? Epoxy? etching primer??? Paint type?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
just filling the rust with bondo/filler will only last a few months, a year TOPS before it starts showing through again... trust me, i was a kid once...

awesome steering wheel! i love it, looks perfect for the gtv's! what brand is it?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@xray: there arent really any body issues except for that rust hole in the back of the car. we used etching primer i believe (its a greenish color)

@jazig.k: yeah i know bondo is pretty bad but hey, its cheap and easy to do! i'm not sure what the brand of the steering wheel is... i'll check it next time i go (sometime this weekend)

i just got some new bellhousing mounts so the engine is ready to go back in!

·
Administrator
13,622 Posts
just filling the rust with bondo/filler will only last a few months, a year TOPS before it starts showing through again... trust me, i was a kid once...
Yep complete waste of your time. You must at least cut the rust out first, but this of course means you are removing strength ...

Now is the perfect time to learn how to weld, or to redesign that area of your Alfa so that the rusty piece is no longer required ;) :D
Pete

1 - 7 of 7 Posts