Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is a bad thing to do or not, but also posted this in Electrical:

I foolishly removed this relay without noting which of the three wires went on the three spade connectors. Unfortunately I'm not even positive it is a relay (though pretty sure) or what its function is. Just always been there.

It does not show up in the two - '75 & '76 Alfetta - wiring diagrams I have. However, it is definitely factory installed/original. It is a Fiamm - made in Italy.

If you could look see if your Alfetta has one, I'd sure appreciate it if you'd identify which wires go where and hopefully also tell me what it is for.

On my Alfetta GT it is located across left (driver's side) of the alternator, near the voltage regulator.

The details are:

Wires:
Black
Red
Orange

Numbers for connectors:
4/87
3/85
1/30/51

Any info on this would be appreciated.

Biba

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Biba - did you figure this out already?
Is it the relay on my old '76 sedan that's got the green wire coming out of it in this picture (above the alternator)??

BTW: weren't you asking about the alternator cooling hose on the Alfa digest? I found the one that used to be attached to this car if you still are looking for one.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jeff B., thanks for replying. I also listed this same thread under the electrical section and Papajam replied it was the relay for the brake warning light. He also gave me which colors of wires went to which spade connections. I notice you don't have the relay on your Alfetta GT.

I was looking for the air duct for the much later Alfa alternators which have four retaining bolts rather than the three which the earlier ones have like yours. I appreciate the offer of your cooling hose, but I do have one for that air duct. I just thought the other type of duct might have a different hose. I've given up on finding a four bolt air duct. I'm guessing your Alfetta is a '78 or '79? I have that same alternator/A/C compressor now on my '75 Alfetta and found that the nearest hole on the forward panel is too small for an air duct hose.

Biba

Biba

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Biba,

Glad to hear you got papajams help...
The silver Alfetta engine bay shown above is from my old '76 sedan that also had the Baer (sp?) dealer-installed A/C. I currently have a '79 GT that doesn't have the cooling bracket at all (it used to have the upgraded factory A/C installed but I took that out 8 or so years ago and can't remember if the cooling bracket was on that set-up or not). Anyhow - I somehow ended up coming across my old air-hose for one of them the other day and thought of you.
Anyhow - I haven't checked my GT for the relay in question, as I had that sedan engine pic handy and thought it may help...I'm guessing I have it or something like it, since all's well in the brake warning light section.

Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts