Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm looking for a couple of info about this model. A friend of mine bought a nice black one (coming from Switzerland where it was delivered new) and he's going to submit it to the RIAR committee in order to have a proper Alfa homologation, and he's not sure about these details:

Ronal 15" rims: were they optional on these cars or just an aftermarket item? (if so, why basically every 75 3.0 is equipped with them?)

Was the shift lever knob upholstered with leather?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Ronals wouldn't have been an option so they're aftermarket fitment. Euro 3.0 V6 wheels would have been 14 x 6.5 alloy or 6 x 15 Teledial type on the later cars. Euro V6s did have a leather covered gear knob and steering wheel though.

·
Premium Member
15,415 Posts
Our USA delivery 89 Gold originally came with 14's (but we had the 15 inch Verde wheels put on instead). Don't know about the European 75.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Verde wheels

in USA market all verdes came w 15" wheels.
first year here - 1987 they came w wheels that looked like the early 14" rims, but they were indeed 15s. later cars - '88 &'89 came w phone dial wheels from Speedline (45mm offset) & BWA (Benzoni) w 30mm offset.
Ronal's - strictly aftermarket. lots of them around because they look good.
leather steering wheels & shift knobs... stock.
andy

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
The 87 Verde was fitted with the Speedline "wineglass" 15" wheels, later std on the Platinum. The Silver model got the 14" BWA pictured above. The '88, '89 models got the 15" "phone dial" pictured above as well (as mine had like the red one below), but I believe the optional wheel was an OZ which looked very much like the 16" wheel on the 164 QV (shown here mounted on a GTV6).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
You're probably thinking of the fake modular SZ style wheels offered on the Numerata/LE/ASN cars like this-

But these were 14 x 6.5 too. I know because mine is an LE and came with a rather bashed up set which is why it wears the optional (for the UK) Revolution RFX 7x15s now!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts