Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1984 GTV6, 1973 Berlina, 1987 Milano
1,824 Posts
Great color (I'm biased) but they put the rub strip back on! I hate those.

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
I'd hate to see whats under the sheet metal they riveted on the rockers.

Reactions: autobroker

·
Registered
74 Spider 78 Spider 84 Spider
756 Posts
I was watching this one but I note the lack of underneath pics...and a fresh paint job is always suspect. they just sprayed over lots of parts that should have been removed first. classic Macco or Eral Schrieb paint job

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
When I was a kid, I lived just outside of Chicago. We didn't know how to weld, so we'd use fiberglass mat with resin to make a "strong" repair, then fill the imperfections with bondo. On our first few attempts, we'd use 60 or 80 grit paper to shape the repair, then use more filler and get it looking "good", use spot putty to fill in the small air bubble holes or scratches, then sand, prime and paint. For a high school kid, we thought it looked pretty good - yes, that was then!

The Ebay '74 has the same look as our high school day body work. Everything has a soft look and the panels are not flat as they should be (raised and lower areas). My guess is that someone used a rivet gun and body filler to "repair" rust damage, shot a coat of paint and called it a day. The interior is interesting - the clutch pad is worn badly (high mile car), but the steering wheel still has the plastic inserts (surrounding the horn buttons). The convertible top also looks pieced together as the front section looks different from the rest of the top. Condition of the motor, transmission, etc? Engine runs great and transmission is even better? Interesting description!

But, for $6,500, it's a car that someone will have fun driving. And the "restoration" was claimed to have been done 5 years ago, so it's held up for a while.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts