Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here

Buying a 74 spider. Is backfiring something to worry about? How much does a salvage title affect the value of car?

·
Registered
585 Posts
The reason for the salvage title is of concern. If there is a destinct problem, you might have to spend a large amount of money to get it into the shape you want.. Do a very thorough investigation. I would not personally look at any thing with a salvage title, unless you know the complete story. Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

I know the history and why it is salvage title. I am just curious how much the fact that it is slavage title alone is a problem? Do people generally shy away from cars with salvage title even if they can clearly see why?

·
Registered
1973 GTV, 1969 GTV, TR4 & 1969 Roadrunner (long gone), 1967 & 1969 Corvettes
7,178 Posts
Salvaged titled cars I thought were cars that were totaled meaning they (were) are worth less than their book value. An older car may not have much of a BV so the damage might not be significant to get it "totaled". A newer car that is totaled could have significant damage and then you wonder about how it was put together to get it roadworthy.

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
If the car is still equipped with Spica fuel injection, the backfire could be due to being way out of tune, a bad microswitch, or a bad fuel cutoff solenoid.

·
Registered
it's almost a alfa romeo spider
11,355 Posts
..i know of one guy in this board, that had a 1984 spider.:). co-worker hit it,:( bent the driver fender in( only damage) and her insurace company salvaged his car,:eek::mad:, so he bought a dead 1974 spider, had the vin plate reproduced:rolleyes:;)( look like factory, just in aluminm, not alfa plastic vin plate) and re-reged it as a 1974 spider.:rolleyes::cool:.., even the chp ceritifided it( car was 1974 spider was off the road for 8 years, had to verified)now he has a nice 1974 spider with bosch fi, and a stiffer frame...no idea who he is..;):rolleyes::D:D:D

·
Premium Member
1,519 Posts
That sneaky devil!!

·
Registered
it's almost a alfa romeo spider
11,355 Posts
..i know, can't trust a 'car' salesperson:p:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
74 alfa spider turning signal

The blinker arm on 74 alfa spider steering column is no longer connected. Any advice on how to pull the steering column to fix turning signal. Thanx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts