Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1974 Alfa Romeo Spider Survivor! The last of the stainless steal bumper Alfa classics. Records show and the speedometer read 36,000 actual miles. Mechanically excellent. Runs and drives exceptional. The car is part of a collection being sold from an estate sale. It has been selectively driven and painstakingly taken care of by the same owner for 37 years. All service records included.

Stored in a heated garage. Interior, top and rubber trim are in excellent condition. Starts and drives as new. Most of the paint is original, There has been some minor paint touch up on the nose and some of the lower body panels. The nose discoloration from the blending of the new and old paint is clearly visible in the photos. The upper original painted surfaces have oxidized and have lost some of there luster and several areas on the tops of the fenders and body panel edges have worn into the primer for years of polishing . The body is virtually rust free.

The car has been started and driven regularly but has not been legally licensed for several years. All fluids have been drained and new fuel, oil and injection filters and lubricants have been changed. The seats, interior door panels, instruments and all other vinyl coverings are in great shape. All original factory stickers/labels are still in place.

All lights and electrical components work properly. Stainless bumpers and trim are in great shape. Brake system hardware and function as new.

Currently the only minor issues are a non functional tachometer and fuel gauge (easy fixes) and a minor crack in the dash near the upper defroster vents.

Over 100 photos of the complete vehicle and 2 videos of a walk a round and drive available at

74 Alfa Spider pictures by cdmad4494 - Photobucket

The photo site is not obvious. Click on "Albums" at the upper top left menu bar and a drop down menu will show an "All Albums" feature which you can navigate to get all links.

$7800 or Best offer Contact Chris at 585 330 5456 [email protected]

A true Survivor that can be driven and enjoyed immediately. Again this car is all original and drives exceptionally well.

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
74 Survivor - Canadian offeres

I've had several calls from Canadians asking about importation. This is not a problem. Spiders were sold in Canada so a US 74 Spider is recognized as a legal car and is "on the list" so importation is not an issue. There is of course a customs fee and I believe a short waiting period for Canadian customs to review the documents which must be submitted before bringing the car into Canada. Contact Canadian customs for details.

Additional pics of the boot cover and some of the receipts and Alfa manuals.

Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
I've had several calls from Canadians asking about importation. This is not a problem. Spiders were sold in Canada so a US 74 Spider is recognized as a legal car and is "on the list" so importation is not an issue. There is of course a customs fee and I believe a short waiting period for Canadian customs to review the documents which must be submitted before bringing the car into Canada. Contact Canadian customs for details.

Additional pics of the boot cover and some of the receipts and Alfa manuals.

Chris
I see xrad's old GTV6 parked next to it. What's going on with that car? Hijack over :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
74 Spider

Good catch Reacingwim. Off the road for the winter and still runs like a BEAR!!!
Chris

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
ChrisD

ohhhh maaannn...there is my old white GTV6 in background...:eek::eek:

do you want to sell it back to me???:(:(:(

please.....

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thought you turned to Norther Europe and were spending your time and money on a 968?

I too went to the dark side... that's why the Alfa was off the road but at least I used a 944S as a winter car to save the GTV.....

: ) Chris

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
nice combo 944/gtv6 front engine rear trans..

Yes , I did get the 968, and three more alfas....

I will pm you, don;t want to steal your thread.

PS: if you ever sell my old GTV6, give me a pm first!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes it is. Lots of tire phone calls but no lookers. Lots of Canadian callers trying to figure out import to Canada - easy - but no $$$ exchanged on the cleanest most original spider you're probably ever going to find.....

Chris 585 330 5456

·
Registered
7,604 Posts
great price.

someone will be a very lucky person.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts