Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 74 spider which someone replaced the original rubber mat set with carpet. I want to replace that with the original rubber mats. Does anybody have any experience with the mat sets from Classic Alfa, Centerline or others that they'd recommend (or tell me to avoid)?

Of course, if anyone has a used set that they'd like to sell, please let me know as well.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
I have a set from Classic Alfa in my RHD floor hinged pedal S2...can't say I've ever been able to get them to sit correctly. Maybe I expect too much from mere rubber...

·
Registered
806 Posts
I recently bought a 74 spider which someone replaced the original rubber mat set with carpet. I want to replace that with the original rubber mats. Does anybody have any experience with the mat sets from Classic Alfa, Centerline or others that they'd recommend (or tell me to avoid)?

Of course, if anyone has a used set that they'd like to sell, please let me know as well.

Thank you
Hello, I might have two used usable sets from my Spiders. I will check today.
Mark,303-258-7905.

·
Super Moderator
10,590 Posts
I have a set from Classic Alfa in my RHD floor hinged pedal S2...can't say I've ever been able to get them to sit correctly.
There are a couple of places - on the sides, toward the front - where you need to make a short cut in the mats. I think seamstresses call these things "darts". The places to cut are marked in the molded pattern. Without those cuts, no, they won't sit flat.

doncorleone said:
Does anybody have any experience with the mat sets from Classic Alfa, Centerline or others that they'd recommend
I suspect that whoever you buy your mats from, they will have been manufactured by Cicognani. I bought some mats directly from Cicognani last year and they were just hunky-dory. See: Alfa Romeo

·
Registered
806 Posts

Thank you
Hello, is your Spider left hand drive? I only have left hand mats.

·
Registered
806 Posts

Thank you
Hello, I found two sets for left hand drive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts