Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi – I recently purchased this 1974 GTV. This is my first though I previously owned a couple of 80’s spiders. I’m coming from the BMW world and more recently Porsches as I still have a couple of those. This GTV has a number of mods, most prominent an older engine performance rebuild which I have been researching on the forums and have learned a bit but will be posting a few more questions which remain. It runs well with webers but the biggest issue for me being syncros in the gearbox so I will be addressing that soon. I’ve gotten the available info from Papajam as well as several of the recommended books. Really enjoy these forums and look forward to learning a lot more about this Alfa. Photo below I hope, Ken

Attachments

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hi – I recently purchased this 1974 GTV. This is my first though I previously owned a couple of 80’s spiders. I’m coming from the BMW world and more recently Porsches as I still have a couple of those. This GTV has a number of mods, most prominent an older engine performance rebuild which I have been researching on the forums and have learned a bit but will be posting a few more questions which remain. It runs well with webers but the biggest issue for me being syncros in the gearbox so I will be addressing that soon. I’ve gotten the available info from Papajam as well as several of the recommended books. Really enjoy these forums and look forward to learning a lot more about this Alfa. Photo below I hope, Ken
Hi Ken. Nice GTV. If it's a 1974 GTV,the front grille should be different,and in your car,it looks like it's from a 1750 GTV. Cheers

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Yes those are BWA wheels and they need a little TLC. The two big pluses with this car are the straight body and the strong engine. I have the correct grill and will likely swap out. Those are European look side lights aren't they instead of the more rectangular US ones?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts