Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mines busted. Makes some noises, but doesn't do much. Anyone take these apart and repair them? Shouldn't be rocket surgery, and you get the added benefit of using the stock wiring and connections.

If not, I'll pop mine apart to see what's up.

Thanks

·
Registered
what part?
10,157 Posts
look arond here. or centreline/iap.. there is a solution to get a 2 or 3 prong flasher unit into the car..

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I'd rather skip the 2-3 pole flasher units if can refab the old one. I've been searching, but haven't read anything about someone rebuilding one.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have taken apart a lot of relays over the years on old cars and fixed them. If you can open the unit up you can usually just clean the contacts with emery or an ignition points file and be good to go. Sometimes you dont get lucky and the contacts are welded or blown clean off if there has been a good short!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Aftermarket Pantera, VW '68-'70 equivalents?

These folks make an electronic 4-pin flasher replacement that might be of use.
(in the worst case.)
LED adjustable signal flasher
Their units are intended for DeTomaso Panteras, so at least you get to retain some "italian-ness"?
:)

A couple of years ago I found a 4-pin flasher replacement intended for old VW (late sixties, I believe.) I can't recall the brand nor can I find a similar unit on the web. But I did find this web site showing (and selling?) some similar samples:
TheSamba.com :: VW Classifieds - 211953215c Flasher Relay 12v 4 pin 68-70 181 thing

Perhaps a VW repair shop may have a 4-pin equivalent that might work for you?

Good luck. I hope this helps.

Enrique

1 - 7 of 7 Posts