Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GTV used to have AC, but it was taken out before I got it. Are the vents on either side of the dash functional, and if so, how are the ducts routed. I plan on taking our the whole dash, so now would be the time to connect them.

Thanks

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,505 Posts
Yeah, in non-AC cars they're routed to the outside air vent on the cowl. Classic Alfa had the proper hoses. They let in a good amount of air when the car is moving.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, in non-AC cars they're routed to the outside air vent on the cowl. Classic Alfa had the proper hoses. They let in a good amount of air when the car is moving.
Thanks,now to get the cowling off.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,505 Posts
You shouldn't need to remove the cowl, they just connect under the dash. IIRC the proper rubber hose has a molded "lip" that just snaps into the holes at the cowl inside the car under the dash.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,505 Posts
This is the proper hose.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I fitted new vent pipes last year. It's easier if you remove wipers and also take the scuttle panel off from outside because then you can get that end of the pipe properly fitted by reaching inside the vent holes in the scuttle and squidging the seal on properly. Also a good opportunity to lubricate up the wiper linkage which is usually neglected till it goes wrong. I suspect the pipe can be connected completely from under the dashboard but it needed longer arms and fingers than I have.

Speaking of in car ventilation, in the absence of AC can I give a heads up to the correct use of quarter lights (often forgotten in these days where no modern car has them fitted). Quarter lights turned to around 60-90 degrees will deliver a LOT more cooling air movement than dash vents including a nice breeze across your hands on the wheel as well as your face.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts