Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am busy preparing a very correct GTV 2000 but in need of two things. The proper hose clamps all for the whole car or at least a photo of what they look like and a possible source.

Secondly a photo of the trunk so my trunk is correct the interior that is. Who sells the best trunk interior carpet packages and if anyone has photos of a well sorted out GTV 2000 trunk it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

terry

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Who sells the best trunk interior carpet packages
Not sure if GTV 2000s came with carpet in the trunks. Thought it's a rubber mat (with Alfa logo) and rubber mats on the rear valance and sides. Maybe Alfaholics sells repros.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Proper trunk

Here's what it should look like... I'm not aware of anyone who sells the rubber/vinyl lining or the felt type mat.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Engine Compartment and Hoses

I couldn't find new RomaBloks from the usual sources, so all you can really do is try to scrounge for the best used ones you can, and have them replated...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,596 Posts
74's, mine at least has the grey carpet with the lighter gray plastic covering the tail lights. The plastic/polymer gets so brittle with age a new one is about your only hope.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Shouldn't your car have and Alfa Romeo marked black rubber mat?
No. 2000GTVs in the US had the gray felt mat with a rubber backing... no edging, no embossing... much like the trunk mat in a same vintage 911 but with a rubber backing.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Here in Oz, my 2000 had the grey plastic/rubber on the floor, matching the seat back wheel wells & rear panel, with no logos.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Here in Oz, my 2000 had the grey plastic/rubber on the floor, matching the seat back wheel wells & rear panel, with no logos.
Sounds like another "Luigi - what should we put in this one" moment. My 1973 GTV has had the grey "carpet".

·
Registered
431 Posts
@Aggie57
Could be - the grey plastic/rubber was there in 1977 when I got the car, so I'm guessing it's probably original.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Sounds like another "Luigi - what should we put in this one" moment. My 1973 GTV has had the grey "carpet".
I don't think that was the case at all. I wouldn't be surprised if the ALFA North American distributors folks decided to replace the rubber mat with carpeting for marketing reasons.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I don't think that was the case at all. I wouldn't be surprised if the ALFA North American distributors folks decided to replace the rubber mat with carpeting for marketing reasons.
I'm sure that was the case (ARNA making changes for the US market). Heck, they had to do some things dictated by the US DOT that I'm sure they didn't want to. Like the big, ugly side markers, and non-glare surfaces on the wipers and side mirror. Ever wonder why the windshield trim, wiper arms and the steering wheel spokes aren't shiny or buffed bright and have that sandblasted soft finish? Even the side mirror was painted a flat primer gray color (my car had one). It was to meet US market requirements. So I'm most certain the trunk mat was an ARNA choice different than those sold in the Euro or Oz markets.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,048 Posts
I have been searching for 20-40mm Romablok clamps lately and all leads turned up dry. Had an exchange with Uri who says he has none and expects no more soon. I'm scrounging old stashes, and have a Caswell replater.

I don't know about GT's but Spiders came with rubber trunk mats. In the US try Mr Fiat (LINK), he has lots of rubber locally and easier than wiring funds and shipping from Italy. I just received a 2nd order form him. Good and quick. In Italy for hard-to-find stiff, I use Ciconani. (LINK)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts